Should I worry about my Grindr encounter?

Bttml00king

5 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Glad things turned out ok and he's NOT underage or a LEO. One day this kid will mess with the wrong guy on Grindr and find himself in a bad situation.

@topblkmale, thanks a lot. I felt relieved that now I have a photo of his ID. I agree with you that unfortunately he is heading to that direction.

I still can not wrap my mind around why he would suddenly claim he was underage during my first contact. I am pretty sure that he has done that before and will do it again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Something veruly similar happened to me and it really disturbed me. I'm not even into younger guys but he was pretty assertive and I was so horny. I did not meet or send a face pic, but he messaged me from multiple accounts over 6 months and I turned him down every time. At the very end I got messages like the ones you got with "his mom" making accusations. I don't know if it's some elaborate blackmail scam or some networked, concerted effort on the part of far right attacks on gay people. 

I deleted my profile and now do not send face pics anymore. I live in a small town, but when I visit cities, I'll feel safer to show my face away from these creepy people. 

On a sort of related note, I am trying to deal with a stalker on grindr who seems to be using some software hack that makes his profile impossible to block. I can block anyone else, but his never goes away. I just made a new account but in a small town I think he'll figure it out soon. Sucks bc grindr is the only gay outlet I have 😕

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely report the profile on grindr and snap as many shots of the chat as possible. (Any photos since what they were insinuating, blacken out or cover in the photo) but for your records of chat and how the convo went. I usually get these red flags and try to snap pics before they end up blocking me. 

A buddy of mine was honey-pot trapped by a cop posing as a child and entrapped him, before they had a lawyer he was convinced to sign a document admitting guilt of attempting to meet a minor and provide them with recreational substances and this person is now on 10 years probation and a registered offender. For never meeting an actual underage person and by a cop who physically created a Grindr Profile, accepted the terms of service which state you must be 18 years of age or older, and lied about who they were and got an old crusty judge in the county to throw the hammer down on him. Newspaper also demonized my buddy and made him sound like a crazy predator after their children and definitely was fueling that whole lgbt - bestiality - ____philia are all the same thing from a moral perspective. 

Please please (all u guys out there) messaging anyone 19 years or younger on these apps. Grindr, scruff, whatever. If you have doubts, dont exchange photos, explain you want to meet in a public place face to face first to verify id  (if you are serious about meeting them) and ensure your ducks are in a row first. Legal system is 'not' favorable' in conservative areas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Another thing is be careful what Telegram or [deleted] groups you become apart of because there is men into all sorts of sleaze and perverted things involving younger and underage. A guy I know was in a slamming Telegram chat and he was being sent thousands of videos of all sorts of sex some videos of underage and he got busted by the cops, most likely will go to jail.  No matter how sleazy and perverted we can be as gay men underage sex with minors or non consenting is totally wrong, it’s also one of the only things in the world that if your caught doing there is literally no way back from you won’t find a job and you won’t find anyone that will trust you again. People treat it worse than murder! If you don’t want to ruin your life simply don’t get involved with that sort of behaviour…

• Upvote 2