What's your favorite food? ​ 🙂  ​

Carlos1881

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and personally  I love Italian, French and Spanish cuisines

So if your crush could cook for your what is your favourite food and why?     

Buon appetito! 

Carlos 🙂 

• 8 months later...
On 5/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, Carlos1881 said:

So if your crush could cook for your what is your favourite food and why?     

Italian is probably my favorite cuisine but I like most. Birmingham, (Alabama, not England) is a foodie town so we have just about everything there is to have. We are skimpy on German. You go to Huntsville for that because of all of the influence NASA had with the German space program folks moving there and to Cullman.

There aren't a lot of Cuban or Jamaican restaurants here which is unfortunate. 

What is interesting about Birmingham is the strong Greek influence which is different than most towns, (I assume.) Most of our famous, legacy restaurants, such as The Bright Star, Niki’s West, La Paree, The Fish Market, John’s and The Merrit House were all Greek founded. You even see it at some of the American style restaurants such as Full Moon BBQ and hot dog joints like Gus's Dogs, Pete’s Famous and Sneaky Pete's. 

If anyone is in NYC, Black Iron Burger at 250 W54th Street has the best burgers I've ever had. Affordable and tasty, with decent priced shakes and beer, plus sports on bigscreen televisions.

Edited by TaKinGDeePanal
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:36 AM, MountMe63 said:

Italian is probably my favorite cuisine but I like most. Birmingham, (Alabama, not England) is a foodie town so we have just about everything there is to have. We are skimpy on German. You go to Huntsville for that because of all of the influence NASA had with the German space program folks moving there and to Cullman.

There aren't a lot of Cuban or Jamaican restaurants here which is unfortunate. 

What is interesting about Birmingham is the strong Greek influence which is different than most towns, (I assume.) Most of our famous, legacy restaurants, such as The Bright Star, Niki’s West, La Paree, The Fish Market, John’s and The Merrit House were all Greek founded. You even see it at some of the American style restaurants such as Full Moon BBQ and hot dog joints like Gus's Dogs, Pete’s Famous and Sneaky Pete's. 

Huntsville here.   Ol’ Heidelberg is a nice German place.  For italian i like Nick's Restaurante.  

all those places you mentioned in birmingham are good.  

the places in cullman have gone downhill since covid.  

Best BBQ ive had here is ChuckWagon on Hwy 72 in Madison.  

Nice to read a post from another Alabama boy. 

as far as my favorite.  I love a good medium rare ribeye steak with a side of mushrooms or cream spinach. 

Edited by GyroLover

1 hour ago, GyroLover said:

as far as my favorite.  I love a good medium rare ribeye steak with a side of mushrooms or cream spinach. 

Yes! Ever try a Bison ribeye?  Soak it in some good EVOO then a good sear, perfection.

7 hours ago, ktopper said:

Yes! Ever try a Bison ribeye?  Soak it in some good EVOO then a good sear, perfection.

No sir.  I’ve had bison burgers though.  I would love to try a bison ribeye.  I’m going to call my butcher and see if they can get them.  Thanks for the tip!

9 hours ago, GyroLover said:

Ol’ Heidelberg is a nice German place.  For italian i like Nick's Restaurante.  

Will definitely try both when I get the chance. I've heard a lot about Ol’ Heidelberg but I've never been. 

Once I have reclaimed my gut health I will not hold back on food that I love.... Greek! Especially Kleftiko, fuck me, that dish is just heavenly. Gyro is also delicious, especially when one is intoxicated with alcohol. I adore Calamari too when it is fresh (if it isn't it will be tough). More of an ouzo man too as opposed to Mythos. Now I am hungry, lol

2 hours ago, GyroLover said:

No sir.  I’ve had bison burgers though.  I would love to try a bison ribeye.  I’m going to call my butcher and see if they can get them.  Thanks for the tip!

Fog City Diner in San Francisco used to do Bison Burgers. Man, those were GOOD.