Oral STI testing

is it me or anyone else - when I go to the doctor and ask for chlamydia or gonorrhea testing in my mouth, they usually do not have that sort of swab or check. Of course they can do bloodwork or check my penis. But I don’t think that will help if I’m just sucking dick…right/ anyone else know what I mean?

23 minutes ago, Explorer10cs said:

is it me or anyone else - when I go to the doctor and ask for chlamydia or gonorrhea testing in my mouth, they usually do not have that sort of swab or check. Of course they can do bloodwork or check my penis. But I don’t think that will help if I’m just sucking dick…right/ anyone else know what I mean?

Find a new doctor

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Explorer10cs said:

Do you go to a 'straight' doctor or one who deals with gay men's health issues?

My STI doctor asks if I am straight or gay then asks if I'm top or bottom.  Yet he still always gives me the oral swab.

Oral swab kits for at-home testing for gono and chlamydia are available if you want to try them, and then ask a doctor to test to confirm a positive result. You say this is your doctor, but you don’t specify what kind of doctor - if this is a general practice they may not be the best place to look for comprehensive STI testing. If they are only equipped to do urine testing, that tells you they are making the assumption that nobody takes a cock in their mouth or ass, and all men are heterosexual. You might be better served to find a clinic that at least partially specializes in sexual health, and has protocols that have been updated from the fucking 1950s.

2 hours ago, topblkmale said:

My STI doctor asks if I am straight or gay then asks if I'm top or bottom.  Yet he still always gives me the oral swab.

The reason for the oral and anal swabs in addition to bloodwork is that they've found the its possible to have gono and chlamydia and not have it detectable in the blood stream for quite some time. It can then easily be spread because the bloodwork came back negative. Swabbing orally and anally is now the adopted standard of care for a full STD screen in addition to the regular bloodwork. My doctor's office does both swabs every time I get a full screen for STD's, which I get every six months.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Awesome thanks…I think This  will do two things- keep me safe and give me more piece of mind …and as a result I will probably suck more cock!!!!! 

8 hours ago, Explorer10cs said:

I always get an anal and oral swab. Realized last time I did an anal swab I actually had loads in me from the night before. 🫣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1