New to Spanking Fetish

Note to moderators - I wouldn't consider this hardcore, but happy to move this if needed.

Over the last couple years, my interest in spanking play has gotten much more intense.  I've only done very light stuff with it in the past; maybe the occasionall smack on the ass when getting fucked, and I did spank a (legal age) boy I played with a few years ago - but nothing too intense.

However, I've been wanting to get into a proper adult spanking session.  I've joined the Whappz app; had a couple introductory messages, so we'll see if anything pans out.  I'm also planning to head to one of the spanking fetish nights here in London to check out the scene as well.  I'm nervous about it, but one good session will get rid of that I'm sure.

Question for those of you who have done it (more the receivers, but happy to hear from everyone):  What was the experience like?  I've read this quote regarding the moment your reactions change from "cries of anger" to "cries of repentence".  That moment where your sounds indicate that you've fully given yourself over to your spanker.  Also, any advice you can give a potential first timer (for a real proper session, not just the occasional bum whack)

• 3 weeks later...