What do you think about my strategy to reduce STIs/HIV?

tonio

Hello,

I am a circumcised total top who barebacks girls and ladyboys.

What do you think of my long term strategy to avoid HIV/STIs?

1) Circumcision

2) PrEP

3) DoxyPEP

4) Vaccination against hepatitis A/B

5) No receptive anal sex or anal foreplay whatsoever/No oral sex as a giver

In your opinion, what's the worst case scenario in term of diseases if I bareback according to the above strategy? Thanks

Edited by tonio

I am also planning on getting one dose of HPV gardasil 9 (since I am circumcised, I don't do receptive anal sex/I don't give oral sex, my HPV risk is pretty low anyway, so one dose should be enough)

Edited by tonio

On 12/24/2023 at 3:39 PM, tonio said:

I am also planning on getting one dose of HPV gardasil 9 (since I am circumcised, I don't do receptive anal sex/I don't give oral sex, my HPV risk is pretty low anyway, so one dose should be enough)

Likes and behavior frequently change over time. while you say you don't take cock orally or anally now, you may want to try them out in the future.  If you are able to do the full course of HPV vaccines now, just do it and be done with it. 

While your focus may be on STI's, don't forget about getting a flu shot. If you are in close enough contact with someone to have sex, you're close enough to transmit / receive a cold, flu, CoVid, etc, Keep yourself healthy so you can fuck more.

Herpes vacs are in trials now, so hopefully there will be something available for that within the next year or two.

• Upvote 1

It’s obvious but worth saying that you should consult a doctor who regularly deals with STIs. I have no special expertise, but …

As far as STIs go, you should also consider MPox vaccinations.

Also, as @funpozbottom says, there are plenty of non-sexual infections transmitted by close contact. The meningitis vaccine would be worth considering. 

On 12/24/2023 at 8:30 AM, tonio said:

In your opinion, what's the worst case scenario in term of diseases if I bareback according to the above strategy? Thanks

Again, trust the experts and not me, but some possible (and not too outlandish) problems would be drug-resistant gonorrhoea, and complications from syphilis. You’d still need regular STI tests. 

• Upvote 1

Gonorrhea will be your biggest enemy- DoxyPEP is not very effective against it. But you’ll just have to deal with it as and when it appears- at least as a top, you’ll probably know when you’ve got it. But you should still get tested regularly.

They say that peeing after sex helps, but I’m not sure if there is any evidence for that.

21 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Gonorrhea will be your biggest enemy- DoxyPEP is not very effective against it. But you’ll just have to deal with it as and when it appears- at least as a top, you’ll probably know when you’ve got it. But you should still get tested regularly.

They say that peeing after sex helps, but I’m not sure if there is any evidence for that.

Spot on. According to clinical data, DoxyPEP reduces odds of syphilis and chlamydia by about 90%, but only by 50% or so for gonorrhea. 

Gonorrhea is no fun, but a new oral antibiotic against drug-resistant gono has been found:  [think before following links] https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/10/health/gonorrhea-treatment-zoliflodacin.html No need to get a sting up your ass like with current treatments.

Moreover, therapeutic HPV/herpes vaccines are currently prepared and should be released in 2025 or so.

Finally, as I am a circumcised total top, my risk for HIV and genital herpes are already lowered by 40-60% (but with PrEP, HIV is nothing to worry about anyway).

Edited by tonio

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

So here is my final strategy to avoid HIV/most STDs. Maybe it could inspire some of us here:

- Lube

- Vaccines against hepatitis A/B + HPV + mpox + meningitis B (the Bexsero meningitis B vaccine offers a 50% protection against gono) + normal vaccines from calendar

- Circumcision

- Avoiding high-risk behavior (e.g.: no receptive anal whatsoever as I am a total top). Because hepatitis C is easily transmitted this way and there is no vaccine against it (curable but a pain in the ass)

- PrEP on demand (on vacation as I only bareback on vacation) + DoxyPEP + full testing (STDs, kidneys, liver) twice a year

I will keep you updated on this thread in case I still catch something despite this comprehensive strategy.

Edited by tonio