Sugaring Vs. Waxing

Has anyone tried sugaring for hair removal?  If so, did you try waxing first?

If you’ve tried either, or both, can you compare the pain levels and how well did they work?

Of course, I’m interested in having as much pubic hair, along with my crotch, butt and crack hair removed.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

From what I understand, sugaring is supposedly less painful, lasts longer and much more natural.

Thanks for your experiences.

A friend of mine used to get waxed but switched to sugaring. She says it's very similar in terms of hair getting pulled out, but that her skin didn't have the irritation from the wax. She isn't sure if it's the slight heat of waxing or reacting to some chemical in the wax that isn't in sugaring, but she said it was a lot more comfortable to be sugared rather than waxed.

I am a sugaring enthusiast!  To answer your questions:

I switched from waxing to sugaring by pure chance as that was the service my new salon offered.  I had waxing done at a variety of salons over the past 20 years in different cities I lived or visited.

The process is roughly the same as far as the discomfort from the hair removal.  Taking acetaminophen two hours prior to the appointment time helps with the pain.  The sugaring is much better as you don’t need to worry about the wax temperature being too hot and burning the skin or too cool and not working as well for the hair removal.

The service you want is usually referred to as a Brazilian.

The sugaring is much easier on my skin and works better than waxing for me.  I have been sugaring for over two years now and have an appointment every six weeks.  A “hair free” smooth skin look lasts for two to three weeks before the regrowing becomes noticeable.

If I move again and need a new salon I will only patronize a place where sugaring is provided.