Traditional dancing and gay couples

First things first. I'm not a guy of tradition. Sometimes it makes me sick. But I do understand and respect the love of other's for tradition. My bf and I were invited to a "traditional Greek dance". I love these places. Old homophobic Greeks are free to remember the Greece they left behind half a century ago. Men are straight, women are virgins or married. Even if you're not straight, who knows they may get you a bride either way. You'll thank them later.

So I started wondering. You can dance along with other people (men and women) or you can dance on your own or a couple (male+female). Abnormal combinations (male+male, female+female are not encouraged).

I was thinking that I should have every right to dance with my bf with both of us dressed with the traditional (male) costumes. The counter-argument was that tradition is not a place for experiments and there are many other modern dances. And then it occured to me:

weren't gay Greeks back in the age? Didn't anyone want to dance with a male that he had a crush (could be crash I'm not sure) on?

Someone, some time decided that nobody was gay and the whole society put a rainbow colored blindfold and pretended not to see them.

How many gays did not touch another man while their blood was craving for a touch? So, ultimately, getting two dancers together is not a modern thing. It's the truth that was never allowed to be seen.