Question regarding Doxy Prep

PozDaddy916

I see a lot of pump n dump postings on sniffies. The host will post on his profile that he is on doxy prep which is good for him but if he has multiple loads in his ass and one of them has gono or chlamydia does that expose you ? 
Anyone catch an std from a guy that was on doxy prep ??

Here's the thing:

DoxyPrEP is not a thing, because "PrEP" means pre-exposure prophylaxis - a treatment taken BEFORE exposure, to block the infectious agent from taking hold.

DoxyPEP IS a thing, because "PEP" means 'Post-Exposure Prophylaxis" - medication taken AFTER exposure, to keep the infectious agent from taking hold.

So someone who's on DoxyPEP is protecting himself - that is, the infections he might contract are unlikely to take hold IN HIM. But yeah, if someone's got syphilis or chlamydia or whatever, and has sex with a bottom, that bottom may well infect the next top that comes along, if he's doing pump & dump or cumdumping sessions and that next top arrives soon enough after the infected person unloads.

So no, the bottom's medication isn't going to protect anyone but him. If you want to avoid STI's, you need to take it for yourself.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

Here's the thing:

DoxyPrEP is not a thing, because "PrEP" means pre-exposure prophylaxis - a treatment taken BEFORE exposure, to block the infectious agent from taking hold.

OK good to learn......I was always under the impression it could be taken pre or post exposure.  

4 hours ago, Poz50something said:

OK good to learn......I was always under the impression it could be taken pre or post exposure.  

There may be times you can take it pre-exposure (as in fairly close to the sex act, I suppose). But if you try to google "DoxyPREP" you'll see that the suggested, auto-complete links are all PEP, not PREP. And it's as PEP that it's being approved, for now.

I suspect the main reason is that you wouldn't want to be taking antibiotics like normal PrEP, daily, when you don't have an infection and there isn't going to be one (ie days you haven't just had sex). That's a good way to build up resistance to that antibiotic.