Orientation and condom use?

slaveboi

I have a good friend i use to work with and she is a total slut. She got out of a bad marriage about 6 years ago and just started going crazy.   We don't click sexual at all but we love talking about what we do. The other day she was complaining about guys always using condoms. She said probably 9 out of 10 guys insist on it. With gay guys I think its 1 out of 10 the insists on using one.  What are your thoughts?

apples and oranges

ironically, i was more fearful of becoming a dad than getting AIDS lol 

is your friend on prep? is she on the pill?

it wouldn't surprise me if these guys aren't also more worried about pregnancy than STIs especially in this post-dobs world  of women bleeding out in parked cars. what a fucking nightmare. 

but just my own experience i feel str8 guys are more apt to be secret cheaters vs gays in open relationships so even if you have to  take pills for 10 days after an oopsie i fell like this is a much less dramatic convo with your husband that your wife/baby momma. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, norefusal said:

apples and oranges

ironically, i was more fearful of becoming a dad than getting AIDS lol 

is your friend on prep? is she on the pill?

it wouldn't surprise me if these guys aren't also more worried about pregnancy than STIs especially in this post-dobs world  of women bleeding out in parked cars. what a fucking nightmare. 

but just my own experience i feel str8 guys are more apt to be secret cheaters vs gays in open relationships so even if you have to  take pills for 10 days after an oopsie i fell like this is a much less dramatic convo with your husband that your wife/baby momma. 

Makes sense. A baby could be 18 years of paying for 10min of fun

14 hours ago, slaveboi said:

Makes sense. A baby could be 18 years of paying for 10min of fun

Versus a lifetime? I have been Poz for 20 years already. By this reckoning, I would have stopped payments 2 years ago. But of course, you never stop being a parent. Mum still worries about me. And I am almost 60. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Poz50something said:

Versus a lifetime? I have been Poz for 20 years already. By this reckoning, I would have stopped payments 2 years ago. But of course, you never stop being a parent. Mum still worries about me. And I am almost 60. 

I don't think guys fucking women (by and large) think about the possibility of getting HIV. They can, of course, and some do, but for the most part, a pregnancy is probably a larger concern. And accordingly, most guys fucking women probably aren't on PrEP, either.

But gay men, in large numbers, use PrEP or condoms. Certainly not all, but enough to make a big difference in how each fucks (condom or not).

• Like 2