poppers, head cleaners...

Guest BushPig

Guest BushPig

OK, don't laugh but I've never tried poppers or whatever you want to call them. Years of sinus problems and I've never wanted to aggravate the problem. I grasp the physiological effects but has anyone experienced any negative side effects from them? They're supposed to enhance the pleasure of the fuck but I don't want to have a nose bleed or ?? afterwards - or during.

I've had sinus problems for years as well. Have had surgery. But I've never had a problem with poppers causing nose bleeds. Some guys experience headaches, but I've never had that problem either. I guess you would just have to try and see. Each person's experience is different from another person's.

Maximum Impact is ethyl chloride, which is an organic solvent. It will literally eat your nerves if you overdo it - my husband went into a coma from overuse, and was very close to death. Afterwards, he found he'd lost a significant portion of his peripheral nervous system, and it's taken several difficult years for those nerves to regenerate.

As for poppers and headaches - in part it's a matter of the chemical makeup of each brand of poppers, which are either amyl nitrate, or more commonly, some variation on butyl nitrate. In San Francisco, it's possible to get pure amyl, and the effects are much more subtle than the commercial brands - and no headaches. I'm also partial to the ones sold (by mail only) by MinotaurSF.

Poppers tend to give me severe migraines almost as soon as I smell the fumes. I can't play with a guy who uses them. I usually get sick to my stomach as well. However, I don't think they cause nosebleeds.

Maximum Impact can be good. I've used it a lot and never got a headache. I've found it heightens both the pleasure and the pain/discomfort of bottoming, but the overall effect is that the sex becomes incredible (assuming the top is even halfway decent).

I would be very careful to not to use more than you can handle, especially when you first use it. I got freakishly dizzy and sick to my stomach once when I used too much of it, to the point that my boyfriend almost took me to the ER (I was really, really fucked up on the stuff, and hadn't been drinking or doing any other drugs, just the Maximum Impact).

Honestly though, I prefer pot to Maximum Impact. With poppers/MI, the buzz comes on strong and then fades, so you keep having to stop and take more, and it's very up-down-up-down-up-down, which can ruin the mood. Weed? Buzz is constant. Plus, you don't get dizzy, sick to your stomach, or hung-over on pot like you do other drugs. I don't know why, but smoking pot always makes my ass crave cock and helps me take a much rougher fucking.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest BushPig

Terrific, thanks for all the feedback guys! Like a few of you have suggested, just going to have to try them and see what happens. As a vasodilator and muscle relaxant it could have some interesting effects including the obvious one ;)

I'll have to try them with someone I can trust to stick around, in case there is a problem. The usual short term hookups would probably just bale on the first sight of trouble... but that's the nature of the beast :)

Cheers guy's!

I've never heard of nosebleeds, but different people do react to them in various ways. If you're going to try them for the first time, do it while you're jacking off so you can try a little at a time (if you react negatively, it can really ruin a hookup... once met up with a guy who had never used them before and totally didn't have a clue, I ended up with a ruined carpet and panic scare that I was gonna have to call an ambulance or something)

I use them, love the heightened sexual feeling the poppers give. Just be careful about how much you sniff and how frequent you take hits....and the most important thing is if you're on your back getting fucked and you're taking a hit....make sure the bottle doesn't spill a big dose up your nose. I had that happen once and ended up with a huge amount of poppers up inside my nasal passage and it burned really bad, and got down into my throat...was really not fun to experience. My top didn't know anything was wrong though, he kept on fucking and i was good at masking the pain going on in my nose and throat....just took the fuck and still enjoyed it.

FYI you don't have to inhale poppers thru your nose.

I like to put a sock or a very small rag on top of the open bottle and flip it upside down for a few seconds. Then I roll the sock up and stick it in my mouth and inhale. It hits way better that way.

I have two rubber hoods I ordered from Fetters in the UK and they both have a popper delivery system. These are great!! Just give the cotton ball a quick soak of poppers, put them in the container on the side of the hoods & off you go!!!!

However a quick question for you Maxium Impact/Thunder Bolt users. I do the same with that stuff but it's like that has absolutely no effect on me? Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by SFRubberLeather

• 8 months later...

Negative side effects? Nothing major. A headache and a stopped up nostril, both of which go away after stepping outside for some fresh air.

I've gotten chemical burns under my nose, had whole bottles spilled on me, had brand new bottles dropped and broken. But other than that. Nothing.