Atripla

lower_bucks_bottom

Anyone taking, or who took it and gave up, this that would like to talk about it? I started Tuesday 2/14 I was warned about nightmares (or euphoric) dreams, dizziness, and confusion as possible side effects. Aside from being more aware of my dreams they just seems to be the typical ones I have always had. I also noticed that the ringing in my ears seems to be worse, but that isn't a big deal. But this dopiness/dizziness that seems to last until noon or later is getting me down. I try not to eat anything for at least 2 hours before taking it with a glass of milk. Anyone else have this effect? Did it last and how long did it take? Private message me if you like or respond here.

i was on Sustiva in the first half of 2004, and my husband has been on the Atripla combo since 2005 to present...from our experience and from what i've read, the first few weeks r the hardest. u might consider switching out the milk and taking it with water instead, as whole milk has a gram of fat per oz of liquid...eg 12oz of milk has 12 grams of fat. more fat u have, more efavirenz u absorb. between taking it on an empty stomach with water, and the passage of this initial phase, i suspect u'll be fine on Atripla longterm. perhaps u can also try taking it a bit earlier, and scheduling a work-out in the morning to get ur head right?

let us know...

I am on atripla and have been for 2 years now. The first few weeks were the worst for dizziness and sick to my stomach feeling. After that I have been perfectly fine on it and it is doing its job. I don't notice the dreams since I dreamt like that way before I started taking it.

I was on that for a while but me and my doc decided to take me off of it. I have gotten the same effect from it by excercising more and just eating better. Stick with Atripla for a while, soon there is going to be another 3 in one pill that does not have Sustiva in it which is what causes the crazy dreams and the elevated triglycerides. It is not on the market yet but it is being dubbed AtriplB by some.

Like others have said, the first week to 10 days were the hardest with Atripla. I was dizzy and vaguely nauseous, but it went away completely after a week or two and i haven't had any side effects at all since then (not even the vivid dreams). Of course, everyone reacts differently and if you're having a hard time tolerating it after a few weeks, definitely talk to your doctor about switching regimens. There are several good alternatives out there now so there is no need to suffer with side effects if the current drugs aren't working out of for you.

I was on that for a while but me and my doc decided to take me off of it. I have gotten the same effect from it by excercising more and just eating better. Stick with Atripla for a while, soon there is going to be another 3 in one pill that does not have Sustiva in it which is what causes the crazy dreams and the elevated triglycerides. It is not on the market yet but it is being dubbed AtriplB by some.

r u referring to Complera? aka Truvada + Edurant (rilpivirine)? it's already on the market. i'm on Edurant, Truvada and Prezista/Norvir right now, n threw out my Complera script last October, as i'm really awaiting the Prezista/Cobicistat/Emtricitabine/"New Tenofovir" GS 7340 and take my little Edurant tablet along with that...will trim my pill count n be better on the kidneys. i went on Edurant last June 2011, switching out Isentress.

You should ask at the Aids Meds forum.

only if he avoids discussing anything else at all, especially barebacking. poz/aidsmeds is a snakepit site with shit-mods and certain members having mod-carte-blanche. not to mention, for some completely idiotic reason the AIDSMEDS portion of that site is step-childed, i get email "updates" on various HIV issues from them 1 or more months AFTER the news has appeared pretty much everywhere else, including POZ.com! retarded.

only if he avoids discussing anything else at all, especially barebacking. poz/aidsmeds is a snakepit site with shit-mods and certain members having mod-carte-blanche. not to mention, for some completely idiotic reason the AIDSMEDS portion of that site is step-childed, i get email "updates" on various HIV issues from them 1 or more months AFTER the news has appeared pretty much everywhere else, including POZ.com! retarded.

He can do his meds talk there, with more people who are familiar with the meds, and his bareback talk here.

i was on Sustiva in the first half of 2004, and my husband has been on the Atripla combo since 2005 to present...from our experience and from what i've read, the first few weeks r the hardest. u might consider switching out the milk and taking it with water instead, as whole milk has a gram of fat per oz of liquid...eg 12oz of milk has 12 grams of fat. more fat u have, more efavirenz u absorb. between taking it on an empty stomach with water, and the passage of this initial phase, i suspect u'll be fine on Atripla longterm. perhaps u can also try taking it a bit earlier, and scheduling a work-out in the morning to get ur head right?

let us know...

You always give such great advice!

As others have said, the first week or two is the worst but the effects are barely noticeable after that. I had stopped taking it for a while and then started back up again, and the second time it was almost a pleasant 'buzzed' feeling for the first two nights.

You will definitely notice that your dreams are more vivid. I actually find that part entertaining, as sometimes I wake up outright laughing about the WTF stuff going through my head. However, be warned that especially at first, your dreams will roughly parallel your evening emotional state. If you're nervous or scared, you may have panic nightmares, but if you're calm or happy they can be quite pleasant. Meditation, tv or reading a good book before bed can help a lot. (The first weekend I started the stuff, I saw Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ... holy crap I had the most gruesome terrifying nightmares with that on my mind)

Lastly, fat does intensify the effects. Switching from milk to water will help. If you really need to adjust your schedule, you can take it earlier in the evening 3 hours after dinner, and then eat again an hour or two after you take the pill. Again, in a matter of weeks you will notice fewer and lesser effects, especially the next morning. I often even take it just before or just after a meal with very little side effect.