Poppers

vrsbbltn

Regarding the safety issue: you should be aware that amyl nitrate poppers are a known carcinogen. ked239 said "then they're properly regulated as production of any legal chemical would be." This isn't quite true. Since they are not legally sold as a product to be consumed, manuacturers don't have any regulations that they hve to meet. In Canada, almost all poppers are manufactured at a facility in Delta BC associated with the H's A's biker gang. So just be aware that you are putting your trust in sketchy people who don't really put the safety of clients before profits... not that "legitimate" drug companies are any better. ;)

I totally agree with you Fuckboy20. Love getting fucked and cumming while high on poppers - FUCK YEAH! If you want to get really high, and zoom awhile, take as big a hit (in both nostrils) has you can, then hold your breath as long as you can. When you have to exhale, let it out as slowly as possible...and you'll fly! Doing that just as you're about to cum will make it totally, fucking AMAZING! If your top cums in you at that same time...you'll be off the planet.

I recently got taught that. And it's amazing. Hell even using the water shot to clean myself I did that too. I shoved the rod up my ass and fucked myself with it and was so fucking horny. A top really wanted me to let go of myself last night too and I was so fucking high on poppers I was such a fucking bitch whore in heat and he fucking took my ass.

The only thing I have noticed about poppers that somewhat scares me (when you take deep breaths) is it feels like there is something in your throat that feels heavy. I usually take a small burp or I have to let air escape my mouth for a minute. Then I am fine but the initial feeling is a little scary. I'll admit feeling that light headedness and warmth out of nowhere is a bit strange at first but it is pretty hot. Haven't done poppers while drunk though. Might try that with a trusted friend one day. But I love poppers now. It makes my hole much wetter and hungrier and I want any fucking load and cock up my ass and want to get fucked dry, with spit, lube, just any fucking way the top wants to take my boy ass.

...And I left my poppers at a friends. I always fucking do that >_>"

"Regarding the safety issue: you should be aware that amyl nitrate poppers are a known carcinogen."

Hi there.

Would you be able to give us some references, so we can evaluate the risk?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, I made a mistake, it is not amyl nitrAte in poppers, but the similarly named amyl nitrIte, as well as other nitrItes, which are strong vasodilators (causes the increase of interna diameter of blood vessels).

A quick search brought up some inforsuch as the article in Pharmacotherapy. 1984 Sep-Oct;4(5):284-91. which mentions that "These products have been found to be profoundly immunosuppressive for human lymphocytes in vitro, and their by-products when metabolized into N-nitroso compounds have been known to be highly carcinogenic in many animal species."

There is also a very good page on wikipedia about poppers that outlines some other things people should be aware of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppers

I have used poppers for a long time myself, but it is important as with anything to gain knowledge and excercise moderation. While not physically additive, poppers can become a psychological crutch for many guys. When you use them all the time, soon it can make sex without poppers seem unfulfilling. Also you can give yourself some pretty bad chemical burns if you spill it, and also they will eat through the paint on any furniture.

"A quick search brought up some inforsuch as the article in Pharmacotherapy. 1984 Sep-Oct;4(5):284-91. which mentions that "These products have been found to be profoundly immunosuppressive for human lymphocytes in vitro, and their by-products when metabolized into N-nitroso compounds have been known to be highly carcinogenic in many animal species."

I find that hard to believe. That's the standard thing they used to say when HIV was still a mystery and gay guys were dying like flies. I have not seen any other research pointing in thhis direction, and even if there is, dosage is really important to make informed choices.

The main reason I commented was because it semed that there was a misconception that these are a legal drug manufactured for human consumption. The fact is that they are manuactured using loopholes in law, and sold labelled as not for human consumption, even though the only reason they are manufactured is for use by gay men. Even most medical professionals who don't deal with gay men aren't familiar with them as they are not commonly used anyore for heart patients.

I am not a doctor or scientist or anything myself. Here's a hazardous substance fact sheet prepared by the New Jersey Deparrtment of Health:

http://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/0132.pdf

This does point out that further study is needed as to cancer risks.

It also mentions that long term use can cause anemia. This was also mentioned in an issue of Instigator that had a good article on poppers within the last year or two; but I can't find it right now and they don't have their magazine's content available online.

Ah, yes, the anemia is a well known side effect. No discussion there, as can be the visual problems. But, AFAIK, you need to do a LOT of poppers for that to happen.

I am open about the cancer risks, but again, I'd have to see the kind of experiment run and the doses. There are carcinogens in lemonade and orange juice, straight from the plant. The dose (and application) is everything, even a few ml of water are deadly inside your pulmonary alveoli. You could build a MSDS for water and it'd look pretty terrifying. http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

But the claims of immune supression were an artifact: researchers saw that many sexually active gays were doing poppers, and they were also dying, they ignored the existence of HIV, and made the correlation that poppers were to blame. The study you sent was written in 1984, that pretty much confirms my hunch.

Obviously everything in moderation.

But after playing with a few guys one night who were big into poppers my throat hurt like fuck the next day. It really hurt bad and I knew it was from the poppers. But then again it was to the point where I was almost shoving it up my nose and inhaling as much as I can. Yeah, they can be really addicting. But really, just an inhale and deep breath and letting the air out slowly is all that's needed. it's the rush and excitement that can cause it to spill or get inhaled constantly. I think it depends on who you are with. I only like a few hits and sometimes during but I have been with guys who need it every second and it's kind of annoying. Also, kind of bad habit for yourself as well.

You really shouldn't need it every second you are having sex with someone, even if bottoming or topping. I still enjoy sex without them. But I do notice when I take them now I get sort of a bad taste in my mouth and throat. Could be the bottle I am using. If I got a new one maybe it would be different. I hear freezing them can help keep them fresher too. The brand probably has a factor too. I use jungle but I've seen guys use others and I've experienced others. I think there are better ones out there.