The other kind of shots in your ass

I go for STD screenings every 3-4 months, along with checking Up on my HIV counts, and though my most recent tests came back fine, every so often I find that I've picked up syphillis or gonorrhea and have to go for one or more shots for it, which are usually intragluteal (ie in the muscle in your ass).

Though I usually get anxious about going for the shots, I also find that I kind of enjoy them. I wouldn't go for one if I really didn't need it, but now when I find out I have something, it doesn't bother me as much, because I know I can look forward to going to get shots in my ass.

The recommended standard now for co-infection of syphillis with HIV is to have shots for three weeks in a row.

Anyone else have feelings one way or the other about getting shots in your ass?

I assume they're giving you antibiotics in the shot? Antibiotics suck and breed stronger strains of bacteria and instead of getting a benign strain of X STD, you'll get something that has the potential to make your junk look gross (there are some that would get off on this kind of thing, but I'd rather keep my ass and penis looking pretty.)

I got a B12 shot in my ass before and I don't really mind needles, so it was a pretty funny experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Citation needed. While antibiotics used improperly can create resistance, a correct treatment wipes out the disease.

Usually... correct treatment can still select for resistant strains, but improper or partial antibiotic courses are more likely to do so. IMO so is the large scale use of antibiotics in animal feed. As to what rawstoner said, the severity of a particular strain on your health is not necessarily related to its susceptibility to antibiotics, so I doubt the basic assumption you are making here.