How will genital herpes change my sex life?

bottomz

Hello all,

New here.

I'm a total bottom who sometimes engages in bareback sex.

Recently had my ass eaten out at a sex party...raw of course ;)

No bareback anal though. But looks like I may have genital herpes...will go to doctor to confirm. My butt/anus area are burning intermittently and I've noticed some red patches which seemed to have healed.

Question is how will this affect my sex life?

I really enjoy being sub bottom and I'm getting more and more into barebacking. From what I've read one can be more open to HIV infection during herpes outbreak?

Will tops really care...should I disclose?

A little depressed right now. But this is the lifestyle I've chosen.

Funny as I've thought about settling down and finding a regular fb/boyfriend.

Did it ever change your sex life?

I'm such a horny slut at this point l don't care much except that a cock ends up in my asshole.

Should i disclose my status to future partners?

Well if it's a sex party then there is always an inherent risk.

Yes tell partners; it's only fair. If people are barebacking and at parties they might not care- but let them make the decision, not you making the decision for them.

What I find a little more concerning is your feeling depressed and wanting to settle down with a boyfriend.

We all know barebacking is risky and decisions about doing it should really not be made in a depressed state- it could affect your whole life and you don't want to regret any decisions you make. (You may not, but having suffered depression in the past, I know how much it fucks up your judgement) And if catching Herpes makes you feel depressed, how's it going to be when you get something more serious?

As for setting down with a boyfriend, there's nothing wrong with that. Catching HIV can somewhat narrow the field - people can be very judgemental and can be harder to find people for a relationship outside those with HIV. If your looking for a relationship maybe it's time step away from casual sex for a bit, and go on a few dates or whatever, see how things go.

Sorry, I don't mean to be preachy or anything- depression can fuck up your judgement- don't leap into anything and make sure you go see a pro. to get some help if your mood doesn't lift.

Yes tell partners; it's only fair. If people are barebacking and at parties they might not care- but let them make the decision, not you making the decision for them.

What I find a little more concerning is your feeling depressed and wanting to settle down with a boyfriend.

We all know barebacking is risky and decisions about doing it should really not be made in a depressed state- it could affect your whole life and you don't want to regret any decisions you make. (You may not, but having suffered depression in the past, I know how much it fucks up your judgement) And if catching Herpes makes you feel depressed, how's it going to be when you get something more serious?

As for setting down with a boyfriend, there's nothing wrong with that. Catching HIV can somewhat narrow the field - people can be very judgemental and can be harder to find people for a relationship outside those with HIV. If your looking for a relationship maybe it's time step away from casual sex for a bit, and go on a few dates or whatever, see how things go.

Sorry, I don't mean to be preachy or anything- depression can fuck up your judgement- don't leap into anything and make sure you go see a pro. to get some help if your mood doesn't lift.

Thanks for you comment gaybottomboy.

It is only fair...full disclosure.

Yeah l have been depressed in past about my love of gay sex.

As far back as I can remember i have been attracted to both sexes.

Then came that fateful day...the first time l spread my cheeks and got my anus plowed.

It felt so good so right...have always been a total bottom.

That was over a decade ago...haven't been with a woman since.

But my sexuality has left me depressed at times and herpes doesn't help.

All this just makes want to drown my sorrows in vodka, poppers and a cock up my ass.

BUT I know that probably isn't the best thing for me right now.

Herpes is only contagious in the outbreak stage....

Redness, pain, blisters, etc.

I've had it for 10 years and thanks to I single pill once a day I haven't had and outbreak in 9 years.

To be honest in my opinion HIV is a breeze compared to the horrific pain or a herp outbreak!

i get off on telling every bttm what Ive got once i enter him, so if he dont want the risk, he can stop me and walk away. I def do get refused, although usually the same guy who refused my load will return to me later at same time. Ive started fucking guys, who one year ago, didnt wanna bareback

I can see myself becoming a bareback slut.

I've come a long way from fantasizing about cock, to sucking cock, to getting my ass fucked, to getting gang-banged, now to occasional bare-backing.

Next step in my evolution is to become a strict bareback bottom queen ;)

• 1 month later...

If you're HIV neg or on a well adjusted HIV medication regime, Herpes is not a big problem. It's only really infectious if you have an outbreak, i.e. when just got it or once from time to time (in my case every couple of years in times of extreme stress) afterwards.

During that time, if you have red itching sores, you will have to disclose or better abstain from sex. It's only one (to max. two) weeks and you can take medication like aciclovir which can lessen the symptoms and shorten the duration.

Other than that, don't worry much about it.