Lost and confused

Guest Pyroboy74

Guest Pyroboy74

I don't know how I feel right now with the military. I love the job I picked, but the military doesn't seem to fit the things I'd like to do if I were a civilian. Thought multiple times of walking out and disappearing, possibly to be a slave boi in another state. Advice please?

Stay...and keep taking the toxic men on the side...when you can. And im not sure of this...but getting knocked up/pozzed up....isnt that a reason to get out AND medical?

As long as its not dishonerable or....whatever. Just a general or whatever it is when your time is up.

Guest JizzDumpWI

I agree with others. Finish out your time. You might seek out a local therapist or group to help you from now to end of enlistment. Also job training. now for next phase of life would be a healthy way to use the time.

Guest indynudeguy

Hey Guy, try to stick it out. The experience is a big help when your trying to get a job on the outside. Keep track of every school and every class they send you too. All resume material. I left only to regret it as I got older. Good luck.

Finish your current enlistment. Take whatever money in the form of a GI bill and get yourself and education. It doesn't make a difference what your job is right in the military, but having it on your resume with an "honorable"discharge is a great reference. Not to mention if you find work in city/state/federal system, your time in the military will count. On the personal side, it may suck but you will learn about yourself and it will make your a stronger and better person. I did my 4 years from 88-92 and I would not trade that time for anything right now. Message me if you want to talk.

I agree with the others. Not knowing your specific situation, I recommend looking at the your job/work environment in the best possible light. Even if the MOS you have doesn't have skills that translate over into the civilian world, you are learning other important social and life skills that will carry over once you get out. But it is important to have an honorable discharge, clean paper, clean record, etc. Deserting is not the way to go, as it will follow you (dishonorable discharge, other than honorable discharge) FOREVER.

Spent eight years in the Marines myself. Enjoyed my time in, found that I enjoyed what I was doing (just your typical 'grunt'), but also found that I needed to move on.

And I agree with rawrubberride, you don't want to go the psych discharge route. Think things would go easier for you if you don't poz up while active duty.