What does breedingzone's site encryption do exactly?

Hi guys, I'm not very techie. Breedingzone must be one of the most controversial sites on the web. I know that the site opted for encryption some time ago. I'd like to know what that means in practical terms? Does it mean that the threads I read and pages/images that I view are irrecoverably private? I guess my forum contributions aren't private. I'd like to know what privacy the encryption provides and what other benefits it has.

Regards, long time member here.

• Administrators

It just means that what you send and receive from the server can't be viewed while it's in transit. So if you're in a coffee shop, people can't use software to see what you're doing. If you're at work behind a firewall the firewall doesn't know the nature of the pages you're surfing. That's ALL it means.

Parts of this site are open to the public and I'm thinking of locking down other parts even more so you have to specially request access to them. But in the meantime logout and view the site and you'll see what's public and what's not. But remember - anyone can join for free with a valid email and see the full contents of the site.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.