Bio-Hazard Tattoo

Bugchasersimon

Ive thought about it some.. when I get pozzed, whichll be soon i guess at this rate, but u never kno, Ill prob get a bio tattoo on my shoulder. not something big or screaming, but just a sign.. idk what else u would tattoo besides that

My new biohazard tat, 4 weeks old.[ATTACH=CONFIG]40654[/ATTACH][/QUOT

E]

Love placement. When I qualify, I'll want mine roughly there, but with a diameter of about 1.25" (not flashy, but there). Probably red ink....

If you've never had red in a tattoo before, be aware that red is the commonest colour for allergies: a friend of mine has a barbed wire armband and the drops of blood from it are still three dimensional and itchy twenty years later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Appointment finally booked for Tuesday afternoon. Nothing fancy: plain black with (hopefully green spines along the "horns"). About 2", back of my neck. I'm due to be doing a training session in November for some gay organisations in London, so and they want an image for the poster: I'm going to ask the tattooist to get some pics of it while it's still raw and seeping blood...

It's for various sex-advice help-lines. Most sex advice in the UK is still condoms everywhere and no-one is prepared to talk about barebacking in anything but hysterical tones. I'm going to be travelling 200 miles because although most of the guys there will have barebacked at some point none of them are prepared to admit it... (hence my idea of using a bloody biohazard tat as an illustration). My hope is to get over the real facts as I see and live them about bb - especially outside London where there are far fewer sex venues. Helps too that I used to be a member of the helpline that's putting on the training session.

Basically I want to get over the idea that there are strategies we use to avoid HIV or passing it on, that we're not all chasers or gifters, dispel some myths etc.

bearbandit, are you putting together a power point? Cardboard displays? Or ??? Or just off top of your head talk?

I've found I work best as a trainer just talking from pre-prepared notes for an outline and then taking questions ( used the same notes for the historical articles I've done at www.beyondpositive.org ). Since I seroconverted (the rash is unmistakeable once seen) the year before the PCP and KS clusters were noticed by the CDC, and I was working for a gay helpline I've been involved from the start, so a natural topic for me was a personal history of HIV. This was for the local social services who've asked me back this year. If I have to do the life cycle of HIV as well, then I know where to get a good powerpoint, though I have to say I prefer just to stand, talk and answer questions...

Naturally, a talk for people doing advice about sex over the phone will need a completely different set of notes! It's easier just to talk from life...

Edited by bearbandit