Oral Risk: Is My Thinking on this Sound? Looking for feedback.....

As a dedicated cum lover, I long ago decided that the risk of HIV infection was so low with oral that it was an acceptable risk for me. I always swallow the load when i suck cock, and i suck a lot of cock. ( 2-3 a week. I know, not a lot by some standards but still...)

From everything I've read online, and studied on my own, the risk of infection through oral sex is extremely low. (Although not zero) I don't suck cock if there is an open sore / raw area etc. in my mouth, and i keep my teeth and gums healthy (there is no bleeding when i brush my teeth for example).

But recently, I had a STD scare (guy I blew messaged me about having UTI / STD symptoms a couple of days after I blew him.) and I went to a clinic to get throat swabs done for gonorrhea and chlamydia. (Came back neg for both) The person doing the swabs wanted to do a HIV test, but I declined since I had just had one a couple of weeks before and tested neg. The nurse said "Anytime you take cum in your mouth, it's a high risk event. You'll want to get tested again in 3 months"

So, I guess what I'm asking is, am i kidding myself by believing that oral sex with swallowing loads is a relatively low risk activity compared to taking raw loads up my ass? Is there some new research out there that I don't know about? Or should I just relax and continue to offer my oral services to the good men of Columbus?

Thanks for your time men.

The cocksucking risk is low - low enough to have been promoted as an alternative to ass-fucking, "because there are enzymes in saliva that destroy HIV". I'm not the only one in the UK to wonder if the risk has been inflated by men who can't bring themselves to admit to having anal sex and claim to be anal virgins "so I must have caught it from sucking cock". Whaddaya know - cocksucking is suddenly respectable! ;-)

From a UK perspective, that clinic gets paid every time someone has any sort of test there, so it's in their interest to big up the risks. The UK system means a budget for this, a budget for that, but at least we know where we stand, and a good manager can always get extra money for his/her department...

I've found that the people who work in the clinics say that kind of thing as a scare tactic and they think they are doing a service. They are not well paid so you can't expect them to stay up on the latest research. Taking cum orally is very low risk. You have to have bleeding gums and take a poz load from someone who is not on meds. You have your facts straight. It is far less risky than anal sex. Keep up your service.

Its right on the department of healths HIV info page. Literally states oral sex as low risk activity, far lower than any kind of penetrative sex be it vaginal anal whatever. Its absurd that a nurse at an std clinic would make a statement like that . Definitely scare mongering