Am I the only one who finds this strange?

losttop

Even if you were not paying it just is not very "friendly" to be making plans to mess around with you but then in the same night he plans to hookup with a stranger. So I think you in the right he is in the wrong. He's a mama's boy you said. It seems mama didn't teach him discretion, manners, and how to treat friends. rather than use them.

Edited by seaguy

I've been through a similar experience. I also realized that getting to the end of it the feelings were not mutual. It hurt. A fucking lot. A long time. It had been a long time since. I am still relatively single. We still talk on occasion and see each other (thou he moved out of the country). But the sooner you cut it clean, the less damage long term to you it is. I recognized it early enough on. The sooner you accept that the better it gets. Yet I acknowledge I still breathe unevenly in his direction. I just don't expect anything in return.

Now (these days) I screen for similar behavior in the past of all long-term potentials. 'Economic dependency without (your) charity and without emotional attachment'. Sooner or later, if it is there it comes out. And it seems that youngsters these days are not even registering anything scornful in it. I don't want a repeated experience. And I wish you the same.

PS: for 37yo he is far too irresponsible with your money and with your emotions. Why should you be willing to pay twice? That mama thought him no manners.