just finished PEP

Im a neg aussie guy in Melb. I love this site and I have jerked off a lot to the stories. but I have a partner of 15 years and although we don't fuck together anymore (for lots of reasons) recently when I BB with a POZ guy on no meds, I seriously freaked and went onto PEP. I got it free from the Alfred Hospital, but the second lot cost me $180.00 and it gave me the worst kind of shits and spraying into the toilet bowel. 3 meds, nausea, shitting, sweating...I wonder if it was worth it....im still neg but talking to HIV+ mates, they say to me don't do it, so im in a funny situation, head says don't, heart says don't, but cock springs hard when I read all the stories about BB....I know if I was poz, I would def be on meds, but I don't think I could deal with the side effects....Peoples Thoughts??? ( and I don't want to be an unmedicated cum dump)

while part of me agrees with Cedrus - just keep it between the keyboard and your chair...

your body does adapt to the meds, 4 to 6 weeks and you're over the worst of the side effects and feeling back to normal. I've had a few drug holidays and usually the first 4 weeks is the worse, then your body adapts and most of those symptoms go away

I've been around most of the available HIV drugs, and yes, usually side effects these days subside within a few weeks. PrEP has its side effects too, principally bloating and farting (it's not known as the farty drug for nothing). Also, as I've observed here to everyone's boredom, the tenofovir component of truvada can turn very nasty, but usually only after several years' use. If you go onto PrEP, it's essential to have have your kidney function monitored of a regular basis (no more than three months). The kidney damage that tenofovir is capable of is not pleasant: it started for me two years ago and I've still not recovered.

I can't agree with aussiepoet: no-one with HIV should have a drug holiday, as pleasant as it sounds. If you're using truvada for PrEP, you're likely to end up with another 28 day "loading" period. I had a drug holiday seven years ago and lost, on average 70 CD4 cells per month. Passive suicide...

• 2 weeks later...
Im a neg aussie guy in Melb. I love this site and I have jerked off a lot to the stories. but I have a partner of 15 years and although we don't fuck together anymore (for lots of reasons) recently when I BB with a POZ guy on no meds, I seriously freaked and went onto PEP. I got it free from the Alfred Hospital, but the second lot cost me $180.00 and it gave me the worst kind of shits and spraying into the toilet bowel. 3 meds, nausea, shitting, sweating...I wonder if it was worth it....im still neg but talking to HIV+ mates, they say to me don't do it, so im in a funny situation, head says don't, heart says don't, but cock springs hard when I read all the stories about BB....I know if I was poz, I would def be on meds, but I don't think I could deal with the side effects....Peoples Thoughts??? ( and I don't want to be an unmedicated cum dump)

Well you dont have PrEP yet in Australia, so I wouldn't be doing much of anything, or I would be topping. In your case I think you did the right thing. An unmedicated poz top is pretty high risk, so PEP was a good idea for you. Personally I would stay away from BB'ing right now, or at least play with a constant neg fuck buddy, or even a trusted undetectable guy. Really though if I were you I would just wait until you can get PrEP in Australia before I would bottom raw consistently