Announcement: BBBH.com Purchased, Hookup Site Coming

rawTOP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On here there is a forum folder where a lot of the current health related information is discussed. I believe that there should be a section to the new site where current information is discussed, links to good sites that discuss and teach, and the overall goal will be to highlight good "clean" educated living. Whether that's getting tested regularly, to learning about new drugs and treatments, to 'what do I need to look for', to 'what test do I need to have performed and what intervals', to eating, to dieting (not about losing weight but healthy), to hygiene, etc. This will help the site hopefully to stay positive and not so dark. This would be only a side function, but possibly a good function.

As far as the chat function of the sites go, I do have a few recommendations. I have been to some sites that when you open up the chat function it opens up in the same window (not a separate tab) as the site is on. This means that you can not keep browsing while waiting for someone to log on. When someone logs on or post a massage then the tab/window can flash and a sound is played to alert you of action. Also, there needs to be an active chat count at the top of the page, possibly near the banner. This will allow you to see that there is X number of members in chat. Every time you click to a new page the chat number can be updated. These along could really enhance the use of chat.

Lastly, as a side discussion, I was initially surprised that several of the forum folders here on Breeding Zone where no locked for member viewing only. For me the three bugchasing / HIV sharing forums, the enhancements, and the drug forums should be locked behind the members only curtains. Also these forum folders could not be viewable from search engines. This may be something that you may want to do in the future. If so you could then contact the various search providers and ask that any of the links to the locked folders be removed.

• Administrators
On here there is a forum folder where a lot of the current health related information is discussed. I believe that there should be a section to the new site where current information is discussed, links to good sites that discuss and teach, and the overall goal will be to highlight good "clean" educated living.

I'll simply link to the sexual health section on here.

As far as the chat function of the sites go, I do have a few recommendations. I have been to some sites that when you open up the chat function it opens up in the same window (not a separate tab) as the site is on. This means that you can not keep browsing while waiting for someone to log on. When someone logs on or post a massage then the tab/window can flash and a sound is played to alert you of action. Also, there needs to be an active chat count at the top of the page, possibly near the banner. This will allow you to see that there is X number of members in chat. Every time you click to a new page the chat number can be updated. These along could really enhance the use of chat.

I plan to use one of the more popular chat scripts. I think you guys will like it, but I'm still investigating all it's features. But it would open up in a new window (I think).

Lastly, as a side discussion, I was initially surprised that several of the forum folders here on Breeding Zone where no locked for member viewing only. For me the three bugchasing / HIV sharing forums, the enhancements, and the drug forums should be locked behind the members only curtains. Also these forum folders could not be viewable from search engines. This may be something that you may want to do in the future. If so you could then contact the various search providers and ask that any of the links to the locked folders be removed.

Logout and you'll see all those sections you mention are not visible to google or non-logged in members. The only exception are the fiction sections. In other words, what you're asking for has been done since day 1.

Guest ff-whole
It won't be integrated like Raunchy Fuckers, but I might do a one-time dump of guys with >100 posts who have been active in the past month.

Ahhh that will be great!

• Administrators
Will there be some kind of option to migrate over for us guys with less than 100 posts?

No. It's not really "migrating over" - I'll just do a dump of user names and email addresses. It's more about reserving the screen name.

The order that I'll be handling things in will be:

1. rawTOP.tv users get their names reserved first (sign up there - it's free!)
  2. Breeding Zone users who have >100 posts and have been active in the last 90 days will get their names reserved second.

The rest of you can get in pretty quickly if you watch this thread. Just use the "subscription" option for the thread and have it email you with instant or daily updates so you see what's happening quickly.

Remember, it's probably going to be end of January before I let anyone other than beta testers on the site for real. My first goal is to have really good profile and search capabilities. Then I'll layer in a bunch of other stuff.

Edited by rawTOP

• Administrators

After taking a close look at the off-the-shelf software I was going to use as the basis for bbbh.com (and then heavily modify), I've decided to write my own code from the ground up. It'll be a big challenge, but in the end I think the result will be better.

One of the new design concepts in websites is "mobile first". Typically mobile sites were after thoughts. Mobile First changes that and you design the mobile version first and then layer on a few extra features for desktop users. That will be the approach I'll take.

What this means is it'll take a little while longer, but once the core is there, feature enhancements will be easier.

In contrast this site is based on an established forum script (vBulletin). It's got a robust feature set, but it's horrendous to modify - to the point where I just don't bother. BBBH will be leaner with fewer features, but I want to really be able to get in there and tweak the features to make them cutting edge.

Edited by rawTOP

I had to laugh at rivertimber's comment; "This will help the site hopefully to stay positive and not so dark."

I know it's not what he meant, but I so often go to a site and think--Oh, great! Another black and gray site with white text. If you want to go "dark", that's fine. I'm just lobbying for something that isn't so depressingly gray.

As for the chat function, I don't think there's anything you can do to make people want to chat (as some people have suggested). That desire is outside the realm of what can be influenced by the software, I think. Chat is a cultural thing; it's more popular with youth and women. Just watch people on the street or on public transit; the ones who are texting are kids and women, almost exclusively (at least in Philly). That's not Breedingzone/BBBH demographic. I've tried chat on other sites years ago; it's so often just boring blather.

But congrats on getting the domain. Worst registrar ever for switching a domain from (in my experience) is GoDaddy. But then they're pretty much at the bottom of everything.

Guest JizzDumpWI

i sort of agree with TattPig (who apparently won't be changing handle to ChatPig) :) No site will make guys chat. but a poorly done site will definitely kill it.

• Administrators
I so often go to a site and think--Oh, great! Another black and gray site with white text. If you want to go "dark", that's fine. I'm just lobbying for something that isn't so depressingly gray.

My boyfriend is working on it. He's a pretty excellent web designer. He's picked the font. We talked about colors today. Told him it can't be a similar color scheme to BBRT. Which means it can't have Breeding Zone or Raunchy Fuckers color scheme. He was thinking using the color scheme of an Old West saloon. I suggested thinking of a Old West ranch bunkhouse instead (more greens). Also told him to make sure if he goes brown to not have it be shit colored. :)

So I'm expecting something dark, but rich colors - not blacks and grays. We'll see what he comes up with.

But congrats on getting the domain. Worst registrar ever for switching a domain from (in my experience) is GoDaddy. But then they're pretty much at the bottom of everything.

GoDaddy is horrible in that what works one minute doesn't work the next minute. If you're lucky it all goes smoothly and quickly. Moniker, on the other hand, always takes the maximum legal time to transfer a domain away from them. I think they're hoping it'll expire while being transferred and you'll need to renew with them. I'm not sure who I hate more - Moniker or GoDaddy. I'm with Enom - never had any substantive issues with them.