Being Poz

Benji_x

Okay, so I was hanging out on grindr (as you do) and a guy invited me to a 3way, now, i never use a condom. After both guys seeded me, I woke up to a text saying they are both Poz. Now, at first I was very worried and scared. But after a week, i thought, screw it. It was my choice to do BB, and I spend most weekends in bath houses. So I was just wondering. Would taking just the 2 poz loads make me poz?

According to a 2012 Canadian Aids Treatment Information Exchange (CATIE) meta-analysis of various qualitative studies on the topic, the percent risk of contracting HIV from each instance of unprotected receptive anal sex is 1.4%, or one out of 71 exposures to a POZ top. That being said, though the risk is relatively low, it's entirely possible to contract the virus from a single exposure. Some factors may increase or decrease the risk, including a high/low viral load, concurrent STIs, possible tears/fissures of sexual orifices, and the use of PrEP. By no means is this meta-analysis entirely conclusive; the data was drawn as estimates from sero-disconcordant couples, some of whom may be lying, inaccurately remembering their sexual behavior, etc. All in all, don't faze yourself over this, you've probably not contracted HIV from a purely statistical standpoint, but do get yourself tested and medicate accordingly.

http://www.catie.ca/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv#bios

• Administrators

There aren't many studies about per incident risk. The last one I know about is from 2002(?) and it uses pre-ARV data (there's an old thread on it one level up on this site). It said that basically your risk is about 1:100. But think about HIV/AIDS before ARVs... People had all sorts of viral loads. These days your more likely to encounter undetectable (which is harmless) or recently infected (which is off the charts). Have sex with a recently infected guy and you'll almost certainly become poz. So it's literally Russian Roulette these days. Most of the time the guys are shooting blanks but when they're not, they'll probably infect you.

Ask the guys if they're on meds. If they are, then relax. Chances are you're fine. If they aren't that's when you're at real risk – in that case, follow up by asking them their viral levels.

Okay' date=' so I was hanging out on grindr (as you do) and a guy invited me to a 3way, now, i never use a condom. After both guys seeded me, I woke up to a text saying they are both Poz. Now, at first I was very worried and scared. But after a week, i thought, screw it. It was my choice to do BB, and I spend most weekends in bath houses. So I was just wondering. Would taking just the 2 poz loads make me poz?[/quote']

You sound hot benji kept taking cum in your ass and get in the club ;)