AlwaysOpen, Stribild contains tenofovir, cobicistat (which is the booster, allowing the other drugs to be given at lower doses, elvitegravir and emtricitabine  (FTC). Atripla contains tenofovir, emtricitabine (FTC) and efavirenz.

It's the efavirenz in atripla that gets the credit for the dreams and sleep disturbances (as demonstrated by taking efavirenz with a different "supporting cast"), though in rare cases FTC can do the same thing. I'm taking raltegravir, darunavir, ritonavir and FTC: only the latter has any affect on sleep on dreams. I've found FTC dreams to be disturbing and capable of overflowing into wakefulness - things like thinking "I must tell John about that" when I know damn fine that he died seven years ago. From what I've found in discussions with people taking efavirenz*, the sustiva combination and FTC* is that while the efavirenz dreams can be trippier, but the FTC dreams can be more disturbing.

*obviously in combination with other drugs...

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have the really vivid dreams in the very beginning, not so much anymore because I follow the recs from my MD. If I want a wild dream I just take my meds on a full stomach. Someone mentioned earlier it is the sustiva in the drug and he is correct. At least that's what my MD told me.

I had them for the first week then they went away. However, I still had the sleep disturbance for the six years I was on it. I am now on isentress and truvada (took out the sustiva) and I sleep much better now. Not to mention my counts are much better as well.

I remember when I first started taking the Atripla there was a drunk feeling for a few days or a week.

As for the dreams, I do have them occasionally and the ones that really stand out are the ones I am glad to get away from by waking up, usually I'm in some kind of fucked up situation that turns into an endless loop of trying to get away from it.

I would love it if they were about a beautiful cock sliding in and out my ass and pumping cum in my ass all night and wake up with it still there...