HIV Conspiracy??? Has anyone heard this crap?

to be fair, Elvis being alive and an alien spaceship crashing in the desert, while highly unlikely, are actually possible. 

HIV not being deadly? it's literally been disproven by not only science but real life people dying. lots of them! we saw it with our own eyes. 

this is more like you're at a diner w a friend and a 90 yo elvis hobbles in w a walker and orders coffee and your friend is like "Elvis never existed. Graceland is a myth. the gov paid actors to play Elvis in the movies in order to control horny teenagers" 😜

On 4/30/2014 at 12:15 PM, VersatileBreeder said:

The other night I was on BBRT just glancing around and a neg bottom guy messaged me if I wanted to play. I messaged him back thanking him, but letting him know that I am poz, not on meds just yet (but soon), and don't really feel comfortable topping a neg guy at this point. His reaction was totally not what I was expecting. He responded that he doesn't believe in HIV/AIDS, but rather that it is a made up conspiracy. I asked him where the hell he got that information from and he sent me a bunch of links. Out of curiosity, I took a look at them.

The links were websites preaching these paranoid, far fetched, crazy ideals about how HIV is actually a harmless virus and people progress to AIDS not because of HIV, but because the medicines that the pharmaceutical companies are dishing out to us are poisoning us. Basically, a conspiracy theory that the pharmaceutical companies make a fortune selling fear to HIV+ people and then sell us poisonous drugs that will kill us anyway. There was another article regarding how poppers kills T-cells and causes AIDS. All bullshit if you ask me.

I told him that I found the articles to be extremely far fetched and asked how he can really believe in any of that crap. He basically asked me back how I can believe the information that doctors and the media feed us about HIV/AIDS to be correct. I told him I don't buy into conspiracy theories and am not going to rest the future of my health in the belief of this crap, therefore, going on the "poisonous conspiracy" meds soon. His response was, "cool, well it sounds like you drank the Kool-Aid." Ironic response as it's coming from someone who believes information that is pretty much almost cultist bullshit.

Now, I'm not going to say that I don't believe conspiracies exist or that they have never happened, but I don't buy into them very easily. And all of this sounds WAY out there. I stay away from conspiracy beliefs because I feel like once you get sold into one, it's very easy to start believing that everything is a conspiracy. I have a friend like that. He believes everything is a conspiracy: 9/11 was a conspiracy of the Bush administration, the missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 is a conspiracy, ObamaCare is a conspiracy, the Illuminati rules the world, Princess Diana's death was a conspiracy, he believes that we are watched 24/7 by satellites that can see through windows. You get the picture. Me, personally, I'd rather believe in humanity than constantly live in fear that there is some authority out there to get me.

Just wondering if any of you guys ever came across this HIV hoax/conspiracy crap and if so, what do you think about it? I highly doubt anyone on this site puts any stock into it, but I am curious to know your reactions. Thanks.

No offense to him, he going to end up Poz some point with that mindset…

I have only encountered conspiracy of their is a cure but no drug companies and health care institutions want to make it known. They rather make money with pills and treatment.