Any cheating boyfriends out there?

Taken from cdc.gov: "Among gay and bisexual men, those who were given PrEP were 44% less likely overall to get HIV than those who were given a placebo. Among the men with detectable levels of medicine in their blood (meaning they had taken the pill consistently), PrEP reduced the risk of infection by as much as 92%." I don't see anywhere on the site where it says if taken daily, the risk is negated by 99%. However, if that is so, that 1% can still bite you and your partner in the ass. And that's not going to be the kind of ass biting I tend to enjoy. ;-) I enjoy bareback sex. The only kind I have. So I understand you wanting it. Not judging you at all for that. Good luck with whatever you do. I hope things turn out for the best.
From Slate.com "the results of a massive, years-long, worldwide study on HIV-preventing drugs (PrEP) are in, and the news is great: PrEP is highly effective, extremely safe, and unlikely to lead to a drop in condom usage.The new study, called iPrEx OLE, reinforces two important—and frequently challenged—facts about PrEP. First, not a single participant in the study who took PrEP four to seven times a week contracted HIV. (The drug is meant to be taken once daily.) Taking PrEP only two to three times a week still resulted in a 90 percent reduced risk of HIV acquisition. Taken together, these figures suggest that PrEP truly does reach near-perfect levels of effectiveness when taken as prescribed."

at any rate it is better than nothing if you do not want to get HIV.

I cheated a few times here and there over the years with my partner. I always thought he didn't, from what he, and everyone else always told me. This last January I was looking at what apps he was using on his phone and discovered he was having a long term affair. Pictures, pages and pages of saved chats, emails. I was pissed and hurt, but just ridiculously turned on. I copied everything i could find onto my pc and beat off reading it for over 4 hours. Then I went into the bedroom where he was sleeping, and just exploded on him. I still have everything i copied, i read it and jack off a lot with it.

• Upvote 1

I cheated a few times here and there over the years with my partner. I always thought he didn't, from what he, and everyone else always told me. This last January I was looking at what apps he was using on his phone and discovered he was having a long term affair. Pictures, pages and pages of saved chats, emails. I was pissed and hurt, but just ridiculously turned on. I copied everything i could find onto my pc and beat off reading it for over 4 hours. Then I went into the bedroom where he was sleeping, and just exploded on him. I still have everything i copied, i read it and jack off a lot with it.

Let's see if I can get this straight... You were cheating. Thought your partner wasn't. Found out he was. And became pissed and hurt....... I ask this without sarcasm... Can anyone please help me understand why cheaters think it's ok for them to cheat but god help the one who cheated on them? Yes. You said you ended up being turned on by it. But... By "just exploding on him", do you mean you shot a load on him or screamed and hollered at him? Cause if it is the latter.... Dude... I'm really confused.... Even if it's the shooting a load on him thing... I'm still confused as to why you were pissed and hurt at first. Did you not think he may have felt the same way were he to discover you were cheating? I'm not saying this in a disrespectful manner. I'm just trying to understand the lack of logic behind this.

Another thought... Partners most always find out their lover is cheating.. I know I did... Maybe yours did and he decided to cheat on you to get back... Wouldn't that be ironic?

• Upvote 1

I can't believe that the efficacy of PrEP is still under debate, or that anyone would consult a non-medical reference like Slate.com. Google "iPrEx OLE", from about two weeks ago! End of story.

I would say he might have been pissed about the long term vs hookup aspect.

And it's easy to make excuses for your own behavior vs expecting better from others. Not justified/right/etc...but human nature

I get the long term vs hook up aspect. The emotional connection that may or may not have developed over that time.. But... Cheating is cheating. There are a ton of ways to murder someone, but once it's done, it's still murder. I agree with your last statement. It's easier to justify things for one's self than for others. I've done that.. I'm far from perfect. I guess I'm just amazed that he expected it not to be done to him when he was doing it himself. Life's a bitch, they say.

Guest JizzDumpWI

At this point I agree with cam1972, understand the potential for long term aspect possibly being an issue. Might very well be that he knew of partner affairs, and wanted a safer option (long terrm doesn't necessarily imply emotional affair, maybe just a more trusted FB).

Exploded all over him sounds like cum, not voice.

Bottom line of "finding out" might have become a genuine opportunity to deepen relationship with shared outside play. Doesn't seem as if that was the case and that is too bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The latest results from the UK Proud (PrEP) trial are that it's 86% effective. The 14% represents 3 people, one of whom was probably poz when he started on Truvada but this didn't show up in tests. The other 2 guys didn't take the meds daily and so left themselves open to infection. Maybe they wanted it, maybe they were just a bit dizzy. Either way the overall results of PrEP speak for themselves.

http://www.mrc.ac.uk/news-events/news/proud-study-shows-pre-exposure-prophylaxis-is-highly-protective-against-hiv-infection/

• Upvote 1

Me and my bf were monogamous for 22 years and were unsure about having sex with others. The reality is, after a long relationship, it's important to shake things up, keep life interesting, continue to discover new things about each other. It's one of the best things we've ever done. There are things he's always wanted to explore that would never have happened if we only had sex with each other and vice versa. It's brought us closer together because we can separate sex from our relationship. One is about fun, fantasy and gratification the other is about who you choose to spend your life with. I'm not saying it's for everyone but it's not something to dismiss without giving it a go either - if you already have thoughts in that direction. It's also worth being patient with your partner if they're not immediately taken with the idea.

• Upvote 1

I've played with cheaters(and been in awkward situations) but never cheated. In a relationship now and have no desire to have sex with anyone but my boyfriend. If I did we'd discus it. I guess for some the idea of breaking that trust is a turn on, not for me. 

• Upvote 2