bareback sex

timo39

I'm a gay man of 42yrs old from Portsmouth UK . I've been fighting with bareback sex for five years now .

I'm a neg vers/bottom guy who loves taking seed . Keep trying to stop the risk of HIV but keep going back .

Are there any guys out there who can help me

Tim

• Upvote 1

Well to be honest sex is risky. What I do is avoid druggies and others who might be high risk. Is there no risk? Well of course no. I have barebacking for a long time and no problems. Remember condoms beak etc. as for me a condom tears up my ass and open to more infection. I will always take a bare dick with lots of lube

Don't trust guys whose last negative test was months ago. Maximum between STI/HIV checks should be three months, more frequently if you get around a lot. Safest guys guys are, paradoxically, guys with HIV who've maintained an undetectable viral load for six months or more. General rule of thumb is that it takes a viral load of 1,000+ to establish a "successful" infection, though this figure will be lower if he has a co-infection of (especially) gonorrhoea or syphilis (and possibly some of the other STIs, though I'm not aware of research that shows this:just because I'm not aware doesn't mean it can't happen - it just indicates a lack in my reading research!)

If you both go to the clinic at the same time and both get negative results, fuck like bunnies: it's an infection, not a punishment for a lifestyle choice, no matter what the Daily Fail says. One final thought: it might be worth inventing an HIV+ boyfriend and persuading your doctor to give you truvada off-label. I've no idea if that would work as the drug is still in trial in the UK, but if you really want it, the worst they can do is say "no".

Once again, I am right with you Bear... In my counseling, particularly when I'm at the Bathhouse, I discuss Risk Management with the youngsters and emphasis that the known (HIV+, in treatment & undetectable) is much "SAFER" then the tweeked out number with an essentially unknown status.

On a personal note, I've been "dating this awesome HIV - guy... today he expressed wanting to see my doctor and begin the PRE PreP process !!! He doesn't want to loose me... :-)

Don't trust guys whose last negative test was months ago. Maximum between STI/HIV checks should be three months, more frequently if you get around a lot. Safest guys guys are, paradoxically, guys with HIV who've maintained an undetectable viral load for six months or more. General rule of thumb is that it takes a viral load of 1,000+ to establish a "successful" infection, though this figure will be lower if he has a co-infection of (especially) gonorrhoea or syphilis (and possibly some of the other STIs, though I'm not aware of research that shows this:just because I'm not aware doesn't mean it can't happen - it just indicates a lack in my reading research!)

If you both go to the clinic at the same time and both get negative results, fuck like bunnies: it's an infection, not a punishment for a lifestyle choice, no matter what the Daily Fail says. One final thought: it might be worth inventing an HIV+ boyfriend and persuading your doctor to give you truvada off-label. I've no idea if that would work as the drug is still in trial in the UK, but if you really want it, the worst they can do is say "no".