I deliberately barebacked for the first time and have regrets...

I started seeing this guy since yesterday off Scruff and we hit off so well we went to his place to fuck bareback. I was the top; he was the bottom. We discussed HIV statuses before fucking and he said he was last tested negative in May. But that only means he was negative in May; that test result doesn't definitively tell me if he was negative right here, right now at that moment. What is my risk as a top of contracting HIV?

You would have fucked really hard for a long time so that some precum or blood entered your body by getting pushed into your urethra from the pressure that was caused by the intense and prolonged fucking.

That or through a sore on your dick or cut otherwise you should be fine. So stop fretting over it. I hope you enjoyed it.

The stats for the risk are 1 in 909 if you're cut and 1 in 161 if you're uncut. That's for fucking a guy with a chronic HIV infection with a viral load in the 30,000 to 120,000 range. The chances are higher with a newly infect guy (first few months), because his viral load is frequently in the 1,000,000 to 10,000,000.

If you are really scared about it, I think you're still in the 72 hour time frame where you could go to an emergency room, explain the situation, and request PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis). PEP is a 28 day course of antiretrovirals that can keep you from becoming Poz even if you were exposed. It's extremely effective at preventing suroconversion. If you want to go on PEP, act now! Don't wait! If it's past 72 hrs since the possible exposure, doctor's won't authorize PEP.

Antiretrovirals are the same drugs Poz guys take, and they are also used in PrEP. Speaking of PrEP, if you're going to play BB, maybe you should consider it. US insurance providers cover it, and Gilead has a program to cover the co-pays.

I was considering going on PrEP actually for my next doctor visit this upcoming week, but I dunno if she would feel comfortable prescribing it because HIV is not her speciality. I live in America and have Medicaid so I wonder if it is covered.

A doctor does not need to specialize in HIV to prescribe PrEP. You don't have HIV, so why would she need to know all about HIV? Does she need to specialize in HIV to advise you to use a condom? PrEP is just another HIV PREVENTION technique. All she needs to know is how to read some standard blood tests.

At the top of the PrEP thread is a sticky with the handouts from Gilead. Print them out and take them with you. (Don't print the big one)

Remember YOU are the customer. She is there to serve you. You drive the conversation.

Edited by Poz1956

Guest kazore

Hi bethmygibbons, you regret now but what did you think at the moment? Did you enjoy it? What made you do it? Do you think you would do it again?

We were so turned on that we went along sans condom. I was glad that I successfully fucked for the first time a guy, but I don't know why I couldn't come at all. I had experienced sexual trauma in the past that I don't know if that was the reason or if it was due to the psychotropic medications I'm on to treat it. Maybe I'm just used to my hand...

I would definitely do it again on PrEP.

I had a similar experience. I topped bb for the first time earlier this year after fantasizing about it for months. The guy and I never spoke of a condom so I just decided to go for it.. he did ask me to pull out and cum on him rather than in him -which I did. I was a bit scared of STDs after it, but realized that I can get STDs even with a condom. So I got tested after, and it all came negative.

I enjoyed bbing so much that I decided to go on PrEP. I hate condoms.. I will sit out a hookup sometimes if a guy insists on one.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Saturn1

Hey, bethmygibbons! I see that you are on PrEP!!! I hope that you are having an AMAZING time in the world of BAREBACK!!! Maybe you might want to quit the PrEP and get POZZED, one day? You never know...How many guys have you fucked or have fucked you since PrEP?