Thoughts On Hpv?

Quick background: I'm a 19 year old gay male in Missouri who found the joy of bareback sex at 17. I'm still neg as far as I know, but I'm big on taking loads so I know the risk for me is fairly large.

My question is, while HIV is slowly, but surely becoming more accepted (take my age and positive attitude towards HIV as an example), what are your thoughts on HPV?

I'm asking because I've recently noticed small bumps forming around my anus and, when I expressed this concern to a fuck buddy of mine, he informed me that he had HPV but thought he couldn't spread it to me since his warts were on his anus and he was topping me. I had no contact with his hole, but he did breed me. While I plan on going to the doctor to get them checked out, what are your thoughts about it, and HPV in general? Would you fuck a bottom that has HPV, even if they had their warts treated? I'm obviously fairly ignorant on this subject, despite my google searches on the topic, and i'd love some enlightenment!

I got HPV a couple years ago.  It's a pretty common thing, in fact more people have it than not.  I had some warts around my hole.  I took them about a month to go away on their own.

Usually they'll go away without treatment, but it could take a while.  Keep an eye on it... if it seems to be getting worse, go to the doc.  Otherwise, I say fuck it and don't worry about it.

My understanding is that the vast majority of sexually active men have some form of HPV. There are no laws that I know that requires you to disclose your HPV status. Have a good conversation with your doctor. If he/she can't answer your questions, find someone who can.

Guest PozGoat

75% of ALL SEXUALLY ACTIVE ADULTS, gay, straight and anything in between,  carry the virus that causes HPV.

It is by far the most common STI.

If you have visible warts, get them treated by your doc. The treatments are rather painless (ive had many warts froze off by my doc)

In your case your warts sound small and likely easily treatable.

Warts grow bigger and can spread and become cancerous, later.

Cum is a carrier of the virus. Anal warts can be spread by a top that only tops.

Small warts can be treated with over the counter home freezing kits too but if youre new to HPV, a doc should take a look at your case.

I have hpv which showed itself as a cluster wart bottom top part of my penis. There is a shot for both men and women that is really a set of 3 and should be given starting at age 13. You can take the shots up through age 26. Ideally, being a virgin works best, but you can still get them if you are not. There are about 100 types of hpv, 4 of which can cause cancer. See a Urologist, they can properly remove the warts and find out the strain. The shot is sadly not covered by most insurance or public health departments. They are about $350.00 for all 3.

Personally, if I were topping and the guys asshole is covered or surrounded by warts, I will not have sex with the guy. Yes, 85% active sexually have hpv, but with so many types, it is still best to be carefull and have enough light to see what you are sucking or fucking, especially one night stands. There are other Stds that you can get as well. Just a personal preference for me, others may not care.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to have sex with a guy about 2 years ago and was lying on top of him and had my dick against his butt, then I went to finger him and felt something, opened his ass checks and saw all these warts. I stopped and said I had to go. Since then I've been worried O.o