Prep Side Affects

DrtyMrtini

Are you on truvada, and have diarrhea, or are u just curious? I haven't read where anyone has had the shit from just truvada.

I've been on Prep for about a month and a half and had no side affects that I could say for sure was from truvada. My Doc said if there were any at all it would probably last a day or two, and would decrease over time.

Of all things to post on this site, I never thought my violent, angry, abusive diarrhea would be included. Do I weep or do I laugh? I've been on truvada for over a week now, and my stomach has been a mess for 5 days. I hope this blows over.

Of all things to post on this site, I never thought my violent, angry, abusive diarrhea would be included. Do I weep or do I laugh? I've been on truvada for over a week now, and my stomach has been a mess for 5 days. I hope this blows over.

Some people compain about having the runs.. but if it's Truvada caused it goes away in week. If not, check with your doctor

Thanks! Yeah, my diet is pretty regular and balanced, nothing else has changed that I can think of. I'm going to let it go for a while. I'm really excited about this whole thing and I really want it to work. Btw my insurance is carefirst care choice and my monthly co pay is $20.

• 2 weeks later...

When it's used therapeutically, rather than for PrEP, truvada can cause an upset digestive system in the first three weeks, which is only to be expected as it's two pretty powerful drugs in one. If you erm... run with it, it should clear up within a few weeks. Meanwhile a diet richer in wholefoods, unrefined foods and less oil and sugary food (as I proposed in the thread about keeping your ass clean through diet) should help. Imodium may help as it forces the gut to absorb more liquid. If it doesn't clear up: see your doctor.

In PwHIV it tends more to cause excess wind, to the extent of it being known as the farty drug, well before Weinstein's hysterical denunciation of truvada as a "party drug". Personally I see PrEP as the natural counterpart of TasP (treatment as protection): rubber condoms have had their day - we can tell that from the number of new infections. The new condoms are chemical, and it's time for a change...