Primary Infection Or Mononucleosis

Sharp-edge

OK I know this isn't a medical forum and users aren't doctors but i just want your opinion (i read a similar post but I wanted to make a different one because i don't want that worried guy have his post fucked up). 3 years ago I had sex with a guy who was 40 years old. He looked healthy and all but he was kinda strange. We sucked each other, kissed a lot and he fucked me. He didn't cum in my mouth, he fucked me with a condom and I saw the cum in the condom so it was all okay i think (even though he came in the room wearing the condom is this strange?). 4 weeks later i got really sick, sore throat, weakness, horrible headache went to the doctor and prescribed me antibiotics which didn't do anything. I called the doctor 2 days later and said i was getting worse and said that it must be mononculeosis. I took some tests, the general blood count was giving the image of a mononculeosis and i had a test for mononucleosis (mono-spot it's called) which was "weakly positive". I didn't have a hiv test. I also got some rush which another doctor said it was because of a cross reaction between the antibiotics and mononucleosis. I was sick for a month. Since then I can say i'm perfectly healthy. Is there a chance that it is hiv and not mononculeosis?

In a word: no. It might not have been mononucleosis, but if it was HIV it wasn't from that encounter.

What I'd suggest you do is adopt the sexual health strategy we used to use before aids which was to have an STI checkup every three months whether you think you need it or not: many STIs you don't necessarily have symptoms with. Have an HIV test at the same time and depending on the result, either get yourself on treatment or on PrEP.