Smartphone Addiction At The Bathhouse?

hungry_hole

One of the things that surprised me in my visit to sauna GI-Joe (Montreal, Canada) last weekend was the widespread use of smartphones by guys in the rooms themselves.

As I walked through the hallways I could see lots of guys with the door of the rooms open while they they were totally engaged on Grindr or some other hook-up App. Many wouldn't even make the effort to see who was going by because they were totally focused on the smartphone. 

You nailed it- Addition.  I've seen it in Philly, DC, FTL - my usual haunts.  Amazes me they pay money to go into the bathhouse, then sit there on the phone.  

Of course mostly "they" are way too pretty and self-consumed to ever fuck with the likes of me, so I guess it's really not a loss ... lol.

Guest Upstateguy518

It kind of is an addiction. I went from never using a phone to using it nearly all day. It's just so much simpler and the possibilities are endless, That's why people stay glued to their phone. I try limiting myself and try to stop using it so much but it's difficult.

I treat bathhouses as a candy store, variety and endless samples, but I still need to like the candy to bother with it.

I laughed out loud when I read that because it captures perfectly just how much times have changed. There was a time when guys had so few options that they would savor the opportunity to have sex in a bathhouse. Now it's just a place where you go when you're not even that horny and turn your nose up at what's there if it's not to your liking.

I am starting to believe those articles I read that millennials are having less sex than previous generations. I guess there is something inherently distasteful about putting your "candy" out there and having people walk by, look at it and tell you it's not good enough.  :eek:

• Upvote 1