25 years ago today, the object of my affection died from AIDS

Guest PozGoat

Guest PozGoat

Freddie Mercury.

My lust. My ultimate pigcrush. I had barely come of age when Freddie gave his last interview and revealed he had AIDS. He died the next day. It left a hole in my heart and the hearts of many gay men.

Freddie was everything HOT that I find in my fellow faggots.

He looked his most fuck-able wearing a wife-beater tank(video evidence below...). Any dude that gives me wood from wearing a white tank-top goes into my AIDS faggot hall of fame.

Freddie, I can't wait to sling-fuck your bitch-bottom ass in the afterlife.(Fellow BZers, tell us, if after watching these vids, if Freddie doesn't give you a boner.)

First, a classic Queen vid. Freddie in all of his glory. I'd like to grab the back seam of his skinsuit and tear it open, exposing his worthless AIDS hole, and fucking rape it. Gawd, I miss the cheesiness of the early 80's.

Considered by many to be the gay anthem...

I can't do a Freddie homage thread without including the greatest live performance in the history of live rock. For BZ members that are fans of Queen and Freddie, this is the ultimate close up of his perfamce ability and hunkiness. Damn, I want to fuck his butthole. Those jeans, and that bulge..

Freddie will forever remain an icon in gay lore.

Oh how I wish today's life saving meds existed back then.

Nice tribute to a great and talented man. Didn't know I was gay the first time I saw him on stage but I do remember that I got rock hard and felt a strange butterfly feeling in my stomach watching him perform. 

Not only too bad that modern meds weren't available back then but also that the social attitudes and prejudice of the time kept him from being out and proud like so many to today's celebrities are. 

Wished he could of held on long enough to be part of the dueling piano craze that was so popular in the 90's when all the best piano players of rock bands were teaming up for concerts together and putting on some amazing shows.  Freddie and Elton John teaming up would have been the concert tour of the century! Freddie was a guest at an Elton John concert once but sadly no know audio or video recordings exist (Apollo Theatre, Manchester UK, 1982: http://www.queenconcerts.com/detail/live/1242/freddie-mercury-live-19-11-1982-apollo-theatre-manchester-uk-with-elton-john.html ).

Freddie is not only a gay icon but also a rock legend that set the bar so high no one has yet to live up to it (in my humble opinion).

A lesser know fact about Freddie is that he was an Opera freak and was chosen to write the theme song for the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. When the Olympic Committee publicly announced the host city he produced a promotional video to celebrate and promote Barcelona with Spanish Opera star Montserrat Caballé. They were scheduled to perform live at the opening ceremony but unfortunately Freddie passed away before then. It was sad to see them use the video in the opening ceremonies instead of a live performance by Freddie but also a big step forward in gay equality that the Olympic Committee chose to use the video and honor Freddie's legacy despite the fact that it was now well known that he was gay and died from AIDS related complications. The words "If God is willing, we will meet again someday" was Freddie's secret acknowledgment of his condition at the time and the uncertainty of his future. 

For those who didn't know this, enjoy this rare view of Freddie's lesser know talents and an example of what a truly talented man he was. RIP Freddie and thanks for sharing your amazing talents with the world. We are all better for it. Long live the memory of Freddie!

• Upvote 2

Guest PozGoat
On 11/25/2016 at 3:54 PM, chubbybear said:

Nice tribute to a great and talented man. Didn't know I was gay the first time I saw him on stage but I do remember that I got rock hard and felt a strange butterfly feeling in my stomach watching him perform. 

Not only too bad that modern meds weren't available back then but also that the social attitudes and prejudice of the time kept him from being out and proud like so many to today's celebrities are. 

Wished he could of held on long enough to be part of the dueling piano craze that was so popular in the 90's when all the best piano players of rock bands were teaming up for concerts together and putting on some amazing shows.  Freddie and Elton John teaming up would have been the concert tour of the century! Freddie was a guest at an Elton John concert once but sadly no know audio or video recordings exist (Apollo Theatre, Manchester UK, 1982: http://www.queenconcerts.com/detail/live/1242/freddie-mercury-live-19-11-1982-apollo-theatre-manchester-uk-with-elton-john.html ).

Freddie is not only a gay icon but also a rock legend that set the bar so high no one has yet to live up to it (in my humble opinion).

A lesser know fact about Freddie is that he was an Opera freak and was chosen to write the theme song for the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. When the Olympic Committee publicly announced the host city he produced a promotional video to celebrate and promote Barcelona with Spanish Opera star Montserrat Caballé. They were scheduled to perform live at the opening ceremony but unfortunately Freddie passed away before then. It was sad to see them use the video in the opening ceremonies instead of a live performance by Freddie but also a big step forward in gay equality that the Olympic Committee chose to use the video and honor Freddie's legacy despite the fact that it was now well known that he was gay and died from AIDS related complications. The words "If God is willing, we will meet again someday" was Freddie's secret acknowledgment of his condition at the time and the uncertainty of his future. 

For those who didn't know this, enjoy this rare view of Freddie's lesser know talents and an example of what a truly talented man he was. RIP Freddie and thanks for sharing your amazing talents with the world. We are all better for it. Long live the memory of Freddie!

My man, I gotta admit. I don't have the talent for writing a tribute like your fabulous reply, but I gotta thank you for adding that beautiful, inspiring (words fail me here)...

To any reading this, try watching the above vid without shedding a tear to the all out raw passion of Freddie. (and his beautiful co-singer). Freddie basically stole the show from the opera lady, with his beautiful voice.

My OP didn't do Freddie his deserved justice, but Chubbybear, your fab reply did. Thank you for that vid and the well written bio about Freddie. I'm only beginning to appreciate opera and Freddie is the perfect doorway.

His voice transcends..

Chubbybear, thank you!

On 11/30/2016 at 10:02 PM, PozGoat said:

My man, I gotta admit. I don't have the talent for writing a tribute like your fabulous reply, but I gotta thank you for adding that beautiful, inspiring (words fail me here)...

To any reading this, try watching the above vid without shedding a tear to the all out raw passion of Freddie. (and his beautiful co-singer). Freddie basically stole the show from the opera lady, with his beautiful voice.

My OP didn't do Freddie his deserved justice, but Chubbybear, your fab reply did. Thank you for that vid and the well written bio about Freddie. I'm only beginning to appreciate opera and Freddie is the perfect doorway.

His voice transcends..

Chubbybear, thank you!

@PozGoat  - Thank you for your glowing and supportive reply to my post (blushes). But I too must thank you for starting this post. Freddie and the collective works of Queen represent a significant contribution to the turning point of our generation and gay history that must never be overlooked or forgotten. Freddie and Queen appeared on the scene and became popular shortly after the Stonewall riots. Their works often contained subtle references to the struggles of gay life of the time and set the stage for those who would come after them to push the social boundaries of the time even further. I truly believe that Freddie and Queen set the stage for gay equality and their collective works deserve a prominent and well earned place in the history of our generation. Had he lived, Freddie would have been 66 on the day the United States Supreme Court overturned the Defense of Marriage Act and I can only imagine the joy and satisfaction he would have felt at that moment. Some works by Queen that while gender neutral can be interpreted to have a gay slant are:

Works by others who followed Freddie/Queen and took it to the next level:

I thought your OP did Freddie justice but just with a different angle than my reply. He was hot man that any gay man in his right mind should lust after :) 

FYI  - In case you haven't figured it out, I am a historian and sociologist by profession and a fan of Freddie's by pure lust and admiration ;)

Oops, left out the fact that no one could ever look hotter than Freddie all sweaty in a wife beater rocking the hell out of a Steinway or Bosendorfer piano (two of the finest instruments ever made) in concert (yeah, I'm a piano geek among my many other talents) :) 

16 hours ago, rednyellow said:

The piano used atTrident studios for recording Bohemian Rhapsody was a Bechstein. Nota very large one, a bit under 6' I think. 

Thanks rednyellow for adding this fact. Can't believe I left Bechstein off my list of the finest hand crafted pianos ever made and rocked fantastically by Freddie. Freddie's personal choice was a Steinway and eventually he purchased one to use on tours. Prior to that he was at the mercy of whatever was available locally for hire at his various concert or recording venues. Over the years several manufacturers were used including Yamaha (another fine instrument but produces very bright clear notes with little reverb or tonal quality that is usually more desirable in jazz than rock performances).

Regardless of the brand I still think that Freddie was one of the hottest piano players that has yet to be equaled.

Some interesting reads on the pianos used by Freddie/Queen over the years. I haven't personally verified the facts but I overall I feel they're not too far from the truth.  

http://www.queenconcerts.com/instruments/piano.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/queen/comments/2loqe9/what_piano_did_freddie_mercury_used_to_play/