I contracted Hep C from a FB back in 2013 and had to wait 6 months to see if I could clear it myself, unfortunately I couldn't and what followed was the worst 12 months of my Life.  In April 2014 I started treatment for what was supposed to be 72 weeks, side effects included insomnia, aneameia, acid reflux, loss of sex drive to the point I didn't even wank for a whole month and severe dermatitis and not to mention the constant headaches and flu like symptoms once a week when I had to inject.  I had to stop the treatment after 48 weeks as I started getting sever tendinitis in my feet that literally meant it was painful to walk any distance and stand too long.

Granted nowadays treatment is for a shorter period and less sever side effects but I wouldn't wish HepC on anyone,

• 1 month later...
Guest BZcumdump

You probably saw my post.  I got acute hep c with every symptom.  Couldn’t eat anything but soft foods, energy so drained I would be exhausted just walking to the bathroom, no control over bowels, stomach upset 24/7, nauscious 24/7, jaundice, dark brown urine, etc.   I was told after blood tests to go to the er because it looked like I was going into liver failure.  Luckily the Iv’s Helped flush my system and I survived. I maintained those hightened symptoms for an unbearable 90 days.  A few months later was approved for harvoni and cured.  I’m waiting to find out the level of permanent damage to my liver.  I’m still tired all the time 9 months later. Told it could take 1 to 2 years for body to fully recover when that extreme.  Meds 80k plus.  Luckily I had good insurance but if I got it again insurance company may be able to dent for risky behavior.  Some people don’t get any symptoms for years or decades.  I was one of the worst cases. So yes for me hepc almost killed me immediately, so it’s far worse than hiv for me.   It’s expensive to cure and hiv men have a high co-infection rate that is starting to become another pandemic.  Prep is allowing more people to bareback. Bathhouses spread numerous guys body fluids from guy to guy which is why bathhouse sex as a cumdump or even as a top going from ass to ass puts you at hi risk for hep c

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pozbbttm

So I’m proudly HIV Poz detectable. This weekend I shared needles with a guy who’s Hep C Poz. 

What can I expect from Hep C? I’m not on meds for my HIV, I have a VL of 250k and CD4 495, will it impact my HIV? 

• 3 weeks later...

In response to pozbbttm, when I was diagnosed with hep c, I was not yet on his meds as cd4 and VL were stable. But my ID doctor said the the diagnosis of hep c will aggravate my hiv and I must start on hiv meds immediately. Later I was fortunate to go on a free trial for hep c meds. Treatment was very inconvenient esp as was a trial but no bad side-effects and was successful.

When I hook up now, hep c tops my fear list as I do not want to catch it again. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...