His Fetish

The Early 90's

I know everybody has a friend that they don't quite remember ever wanting as a friend. But a best friend? Ethan was technically my best friend, but mostly I just put up with him. We met at a party a few years ago. This was back when I had to force myself to socialize. I was new to the city and barely 23. I would have much rather stayed home, gotten stoned and played Nintendo. In an effort to meet people and not be a hermit, I did volunteer work. I was involved with Planned Parenthood, a few homeless shelters and also an gay activism group. I almost dropped out of that last one because it was so full of politics and egos. Because I was new and considered just a "kid", I was relegated to the back of the room -- at a table full of newspapers that I was supposed to scan for any mention of homosexual news and then cut them out with scissors.  It was tedious. The only fun part was that when the phone rang, there was a battle among about three people on who would answer it. Through all of these outside activities, I did manage to meet a few people. One of them invited me to a party he was throwing. 

I had a beer and did my best to mingle, but I wasn't very good at it. I found myself in the kitchen which is where things were usually livelier. And they were that night. The center of attention was this tall, reddish-blonde guy who had apparently insulted somebody else and was trying his best to defend himself. I found an open space to stand and looked on with interest. The guy defending himself immediately looked at me and said "You! What's your name?"

"Joey"

"I'm Ethan. Come here..."

I went and stood awkwardly next to him. "Look at this guy", he demanded, pointing at a chubby gray-haired man sitting at a kitchen table. Judging by his angry expression, I guessed him to be the insulted one.

"All I said is that he should dress like Ursula The Sea Witch... you know, from "The Little Mermaid" for Halloween. Is that 'mean'?"

I should have stayed home. "Well. That could be fun. Or maybe a vampire."

Unwittingly, I had just diffused the whole scene and everybody broke up into little group conversations. 

Ethan pulled me aside and said, "Thanks, Joey. I knew it was probably going to offend him as I said it. I talk too much and my filters don't always work".

"No problem. Get those filters fixed and you'll be fine".

"I will. And now that we're friends I know you'll help me talk less and listen more".

He took my hand and led me around the party, introducing me to random people as his "best friend Joey".

I didn't really get a chance to talk to anybody because Ethan was always chattering in my ear. I'd had exactly one beer the whole evening and needed something stronger. "Hey Ethan -- can you get me a vodka tonic or something close?"

"Absolutely. Wait right here, buddy".

A woman in her forties came up from behind me and introduced herself as Lucille. She did work with the quilt project and seemed genuinely nice. "Watch out for that guy. I'm almost certain he has a form of autism. Or some disorder. He's unstable".

Right then Ethan approached with my drink. "Oh, go gossip among the other hens, Lucy". He wasn't pleased she was talking to me.

The vodka tonic was bigger and stronger than I had wanted, but I needed it.

"Finish that and we'll leave".

"And go where?"

"It's Friday night and I want to hit at least one club".

"Well you go ahead. I've had a long week at work and just want to go home and sleep".e

"That's nuts. You're young and need you to help me look for my perfect guy".c

The drink was really strong. He brought me another which was just as good. Well, now I really didn't have much of a choice but to let him drive me out of here. he was my best friend after all. 

We got to his car and sat for a few seconds. "So where are we going, Ethan? And what kind of guy is your 'perfect guy'?" 

"Let's go to Chub's. It's close. I'm looking for a young, innocent guy who's in good shape. Someone trusting. Someone exactly like you, actually."

"Huh?"

"Serious. I would want to hook up with you if we weren't best friends. Not now anyway. Let's just go and keep your eyes out for people exactly like you, OK?"

"OK".

The place was fairly full, but not annoyingly so. We sat next to each other at the rectangular bar. Ethan paid for two drinks and two shots. He put his hand on my knee several times as we continued to chat. He finished his drink and announced he was going to go circle the place and start his search. I sat alone for a bit and than was chatted up by this older black guy who asked me why I was here with 'that Ethan character'.

"No idea. I just met him at a party. He's not so bad".

In a flash, Ethan was back. He stood between me and the other guy -- who abruptly left. "Your turn. Look for someone exactly like you. If you find a guy for you, that's ok too". He'd bought a pack of cigarettes and offered me a lit one. What the hell? I got up to make the rounds with a full drink and a cig. I sure didn't see many guys my age. The ones most like me didn't look so much innocent as they did predatory. I was drunk and didn't want to cruise for him any more. 

I got back to where Ethan was and told him I needed to go home. 

"Yeah. This is place is full of the usual suspects. I've seen them all and they've seen me".

We went back to my tiny apartment and Ethan made himself comfortable right away. He took off his big shoes. and plopped on the couch. He tried to turn on the TV, but I wanted to be alone and sleep. I could not figure out to tell him.

"Ethan....

"Yeah?"

"That TV is hooked up to my Nintendo. The TV I watch shows on is in my bedroom, but...."

"OK. Let's go."

He found it on his own. I was stuck with him for the night. He'd already removed his socks and his jeans. 

"Wait! You need to know that we aren't going to have sex. OK? I'm tired and just not into you at all. No offense".

"Of course we're not going to do anything. We're best friends. Let me just crash here tonight and I'll take you back to your car in the morning".

"That'd be great'.

The TV was still off.  After getting undressed I got in bed next to him. We were both laying face up.

"You're a virgin, Joey. Am I right?"

"I suppose".

"I want an innocent virgin guy who looks decent and trusts me....because I have this certain fetish".

"What?" 

"I have HIV and want to give my strain to a pure boy. I want to so badly. I got a girl pregnant in college and she dropped out. I figure she'd probably had an abortion, but who knows? I love the idea of changing someone on the inside. After that I tried to knock up as many sluts as I could...until I realized I liked men better. And at some point, I got infected".

I was silent and staring at the end of his bed. His large toes were flexing and curling as he talked. 

"I know it's weird. I don't really understand it myself. What are you thinking?"

I was so drowsy. "I think you need Jesus".

We laughed.

"Thanks for letting me get all that out". He kissed me on the cheek and then rolled over to sleep. 

I was already halfway to a dream that was waiting for me. Over the course of the night, Ethan kept rolling my way and I could feel the huge bulge in his briefs. A few times it was rock hard. When we woke in the morning, he had an arm draped around me.

After that night, Ethan was in my life for good. He moved into my building and was always around. He brought pizza or wine or a video every time he came by. I flat out told him I wouldn't go to bars with him anymore. He had to that on his own. It was a relief not to have to deal with him for a whole evening, but he'd usually show up before going to see what he was wearing and give my stamp of approval. I'd give him a good look-over. He was pretty hot. Tall, good build and handsome. The only issue with his face was his glasses. He must need a prescription because the lenses made his look smaller and changed the shape of his head. If I'd mentioned that, he wouldn't go out. I'd mention contacts another time. 

"You know I wouldn't have to go through with this if you'd just let me breed you. Then I could be happy at last".

"Just go. You look great."

This became a nightly thing for a few months. He never found his perfect mate. Then he got the idea in his head that if he worked out at a gym he'd attract more flies to his web. So after that, he'd drop by to flex for me and ask about his progress. I liked it. His shoulders were wider and his arms looked amazing. At some point, somebody else must have mentioned the thing about his glasses because he got contacts. It made a big difference. He'd drop by and I found myself just staring into those eyes as he blathered on and on. Now that he was all buff he started wearing tank tops which suited him very well. He'd stop by for an appraisal before heading to the bars.

"You are looking so good tonight, Ethan. You should try that bath house over on Strode St. You will be mobbed by admirers".

"Been there?"

"No. But I see their ads in the day newspaper all the time".

"I've gone there twice. Everybody there is infected or will be soon. I can't believe you want to send your best friend to a goddamned bath house instead of just letting me fuck you".

"You'll have fun. Just don't think about your fetish so much. Or pretend each guy you fuck is a virgin".

"Fine. See you tomorrow".

I was glad he left because I wanted to get high and listen to the new Depeche Mode CD I'd purchased. It was so good. I got so stoned while listening. I tried playing Nintendo for awhile, but I was just too blasted at that point. I lied on my back and let the music wash over me. Ever notice how personally meaningful songs become when you're extremely stoned? "Personal Jesus" meant something so deep at that point. As did "Enjoy the Silence". Hell, I could have listened to The Archies and found nirvana at that point. I blissed out and slept on the floor for a minute or two.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

Oh fuck. Ethan. 

I had to find the door before I could let him in. The music was still blaring when he made his way over to the stereo and turned it down.

"Goddamn, Joey. You can smell weed through the whole hallway. Is that why you wanted to get rid of me? So you could get fried?"

"How was the bath place, Junior?"

"Junior? You are so fucked up. Where's your stash? I want to be on your level". I gave it to him. He rolled a giant fat joint and lit it.

We shared it, but I let him have most of it. I was past Jupiter already.

I have some memory of him carrying me to bed and getting in next to me. i was cold and pulled the blanket over us. I turned and slept with my cheek on his shoulder. The last thing I remember is smelling his deodorant. And then just dreams. 

It was somewhere around dawn when I woke up. I needed hydration badly. I slipped out of bed and realized I was completely naked. I never slept naked. I went to the kitchen and drank a big glass of water.  When I got back to bed I saw Ethan was still sleeping and I crawled back beside him. I was horny as hell at that point. Still sleepy, but hard as a rock. I got close to him and reached my hand down to caress his bare ass. He didn't stir. I then reached for his dick. It was soft, but got a little harder and heavier the longer I kept rubbing it. Still he slept. The mood had passed for me and I decided to try and go back to sleep. Too late. He'd woken up and pretty much had a sense of what I'd been doing. 

"Was I dreaming, Joey? My dick is so hard right now and I think it's because you were massaging it. Am I right?"

I'd been caught. Whatever. I wanted to sleep now. "You were dreaming, Ethan".

"No. No I wasn't. Do it some more. Please?"

I didn't move. I pretended to make deep breathing sounds like I was asleep. But he wasn't fooled. He turned me around and kissed me hard. The lamp was on. He was so handsome and affectionate. I met the force of his kiss and put some intensity into it. And then he was on top of me. We kissed madly like we were in the movies or something. "I'm so in love with you, Joey."

"No. You're just horny. That's not love".

"OK. I'll prove my love. Even though I've wanted to fuck you for two years now, I'm going to stop. Ill just beat off and let you sleep. This was my chance and I'm letting it go because you mean so much to me".

He was sincere. He'd always been sincere...ever since I met him. I could hear him jerk off. I told him to stop. 

"Why?"

"Because I want you to fuck me, Ethan. I want to have your seed inside of me'.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Because I love you too. I guess in a way I always have. Just please go easy".

"Well, it will be a little painful for you, but I'll help out when I can".

I was ready. I think.

He spread my legs wide apart and positioned himself and his cock just right.

"When you first feel my cock enter you, just push out your asshole like you're taking a shit. The more relaxed you are the better. Here we go".

It hurt no matter how much I tried to "push out". I also knew you couldn't try to relax. You either were or weren't.

Meanwhile, he's gotten an inch or two into me. He leaned down and kissed me. The kissing relaxed or got me hot enough for him to get all the way in. 

"Yeah! Joey! I'm going to finally breed you!"

He just kept thrusting like a machine and kissing my mouth. I grabbed his butt as his jabs got more violent.

"Here it comes, baby. I'm infecting you and changing you....forever."

He was suddenly motionless as he unloaded his toxic sperm into my formerly-virgin ass.

He rolled over on his back and let out a long sigh. He'd done what he'd always wanted to do. We were so exhausted that we slept until almost noon.

Another month went by and we got an apartment together. I went to the local clinic and got tested. HIV-.  "That just means we have to keep trying", he announced. And we did. We fucked every night. A month later I got tested again. Still negative. Month after month with no infection. We stopped worrying about it and just enjoyed each other. I learned how to love eating his ass and he decided he loved having his toes sucked. We were happy.

And then I came home from the clinic with a positive HIV test. We celebrated and Ethan even shed a tear or two. 

• Upvote 5