So, do we discuss Kevin Spacey here - or ignore him?

edward21uk

On 11/1/2017 at 11:52 PM, evilalex said:

Remember just because something was fine for you, doesn't mean it will be fine for everyone. I was sexually active at 14, but I know not everyone was or would have liked it.

Exactly. I was sexually active at 14 but would have been terrified to have sex with someone in their 20's.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I think, though, this misses the point.

It's true that not all victims go on to abuse others. However, I suspect it's true that most abusers were abused themselves. That doesn't absolve them of their abusive behavior, but it does indicate the need to break the cycle. Some people break it easily, not going on to abuse anyone else. But others need help. 

Thanks.

I'm not so sure that's it true though, I remember an Israeli psychological studie that disproved any link. 

It might just have something to do with power, that people who search for it and get it might score higher on the psychopath scale and are more inclined to hurt others to further their own ends. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" 

Perhaps I'm just more of a pessimist than you are when it concerns human nature. 🙂 

Whatever the fact - and luckily we learn more and more about what makes people tick - I feel it's a good thing we discuss these things in the open as it breaks the [banned word].
Including the [banned word] on men beging victimised, which might prevent them seeking help and support.