Site Down

Guest takingdeepanal

Guest takingdeepanal

@rawTOP - was there some kind of Interruption of Service attack on the site today? For some reason, both mozilla and chrome wouldn't allow me access. It seems to have been fixed now (should have screenshot the messages), but beware of people messing about behind the scenes.

• Administrators

Yes, the database on the server was unresponsive for about an hour. My hosting company didn't say what caused it. But no unusual bandwidth or anything.

Yeas. I've seen a MySQL-referenced error in Mozilla. Funny enough I was in the middle of writing a post, a lot of back-and forth edits, and at the time I finally clicked Submit the black-and-white error message came up. The window completely cleared of everything else, I figured I've lost my musings. Tried to go back and see if there was something left in cache but got a blank page, tried another browser - site inaccessible altogether. Tried yet another browser - same thing. I finally agreed it was down for whatever reason. Then my Mozilla showed a message to update to 59.0.2, downloaded, restarted to update and moved on to other places. Later on came back to the site, and sure and behold it was back up. I've recalled the URL of the thread, and - voila - the very text I had been working on before came back in the Reply frame. Small miracles in computer science.

• rawTOP locked this topic