Why hasn't Human Rights Campaign endorsed yet ?

SubHornyBottom

Who do you think the Human Rights Campaign likes in the 2020 field  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the Human Rights Campaign likes in the 2020 field

• Joe Biden
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • Pete Buttigieg
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Kamala Harris
    • Amy Klobuchar
    • Tulsi Gabbard
    • Andrew Yang
    • Cory Booker
    • Beto O' Rourke

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hungandmean

HRC as an organization could be described as the kind of dude who'd post, "No fats, no fems, no asians," on Grindr so it's a solid Pete or Biden for them and i'd encourage you to broaden your political horizon in literally any direction left or right of them because they suck. 

On 11/11/2019 at 5:29 AM, hungandmean said:

HRC as an organization could be described as the kind of dude who'd post, "No fats, no fems, no asians," on Grindr so it's a solid Pete or Biden for them and i'd encourage you to broaden your political horizon in literally any direction left or right of them because they suck. 

I don't know what you mean by that. Are you trying to trash Human Rights Campaign ? Guess it's all evil and should be abolished ? 

Guest hungandmean
12 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

I don't know what you mean by that. Are you trying to trash Human Rights Campaign ? Guess it's all evil and should be abolished ? 

In the shortest terms - as a charity they are most interested in serving white gay celebs like Ellen than they worry about the plight of the average under served, underemployed, gay person  and they have absolutely proven that time and time again.

They will endorse someone who won't rock the boat. Because thats what people like Ellen do. 

So, in the way this political climate is going (where laws that protect queers are being repealed) who gives a shit about who they'd endorse because it's all a farce anyways. The HRC is a joke. 

On 11/15/2019 at 4:21 AM, hungandmean said:

In the shortest terms - as a charity they are most interested in serving white gay celebs like Ellen than they worry about the plight of the average under served, underemployed, gay person  and they have absolutely proven that time and time again.

They will endorse someone who won't rock the boat. Because thats what people like Ellen do. 

So, in the way this political climate is going (where laws that protect queers are being repealed) who gives a shit about who they'd endorse because it's all a farce anyways. The HRC is a joke. 

So should they be abolished ? 

Guest hungandmean
9 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

So should they be abolished ? 

They're not a government organization whos funding could be cut and they'd just vanish?? They're a non taxable charity that does a ton of self promotion - and maybe we should ask ourselves as queer people on the fringe of whats acceptable - if we want organizations like the Humans Rights Campaign (That only care about *some* humans rights) being the organization we want speaking for us -- and nominating political candidates? 

But sure. They could probably be abolished and it would have ZERO impact on the political climate for gay people. Thats the point. I think you have more faith in them than they deserve. 

3 hours ago, hungandmean said:

They're not a government organization whos funding could be cut and they'd just vanish?? They're a non taxable charity that does a ton of self promotion - and maybe we should ask ourselves as queer people on the fringe of whats acceptable - if we want organizations like the Humans Rights Campaign (That only care about *some* humans rights) being the organization we want speaking for us -- and nominating political candidates? 

But sure. They could probably be abolished and it would have ZERO impact on the political climate for gay people. Thats the point. I think you have more faith in them than they deserve. 

Clearly. HRC wouldn't exist without broad support. I believe less than 50% of the gay people hate HRC.

3 hours ago, hungandmean said:

And I also think that since you believe HRC is so biased, maybe you can try go to straight pride. see how acceptable they are or how much they care about your rights . [think before following links] https://assets.s3xstatic.com/bz/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png . Good luck.

Edited by SubHornyBottom
  • Downvote 1

Guest hungandmean
On 11/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, SubHornyBottom said:

And I also think that since you believe HRC is so biased, maybe you can try go to straight pride. see how acceptable they are or how much they care about your rights . [think before following links] [think before following links] https://assets.s3xstatic.com/bz/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png . Good luck.

Dude the options here aren't ( Support HRC ) and ( Straight Pride)

I choose option C - support gay organizations that don't have extremely shifty and questionable track records when it comes to the most vulnerable people within our community. 

HRC has a history of being problematic for more than the most basic of gay white men. That being said, they’ve come a long way in the past couple years (now that they have to). They elected a black man to run the organization, and their Victory Fund has helped elect numerous LGBT politicians including Danica Roem and Kate Brown. That being said, they will probably endorse the most milquetoast option available so their endorsement will make no difference in my mind. 

Guest POZitiveBoyZ
2 hours ago, Versdc said:

HRC has a history of being problematic for more than the most basic of gay white men. That being said, they’ve come a long way in the past couple years (now that they have to). They elected a black man to run the organization, and their Victory Fund has helped elect numerous LGBT politicians including Danica Roem and Kate Brown. That being said, they will probably endorse the most milquetoast option available so their endorsement will make no difference in my mind. 

This is the one of many things why I prefer being an Independent Human Rights Activist. Because the conception of the nonprofit organization is about Business, Donors, Sponsors, Huge 💵 and as endless of all these things is about Dictatorship. Because every Donor or Sponsor would like to promote his interest and dictate what nonprofit organization should be doing with his sponsorship help and his 💵 So, we’ll get another “standards” and “rules” that wrote by straight people. For example, in the past 2 years you may heard about “LGBTQ PRIDE PARADE 🏳️‍🌈 monetizations” and as a consequence of this about “No KINK should be allowed in the Pride” 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The HRC ratings of corporations allows us us make our own purchase and employment decisions. This is  better than forcing them to hire you when you know they hate us. They still give some of their profit to anti gay organizations, profit you helped them generate. They also institute selective enforcement of company rules to get rid of us, so those laws are less effective than proving ourselves to be a benefit. The HRC  only had the one scandal. If memory serves me right the lad was 17 (legal in the UK where this happened)  and a prostitute not some choir boy. As far as I know the HRC avoids “intersectionalism”, where “if you are gay you have to support these other five or six  left wing causes or we take your gay card”. I can make my own choices thank you.