Story Continuation Question

Guest takingdeepanal

Guest takingdeepanal

This is one for the moderators:

If a story hasn't been continued for a long time - and the OP hasn't been on this site for at least 3 years - do the moderators have any objection to others continuing the story? There's a trove of stories that seem to have been abruptly limboed ...

Moderators are an integral part of this site: they keep things within the rules, which often means within legal and ethical bounds. So they shouldn’t care in the least that a story be continued by another poster when the story is abandoned by the original poster. I think I’m safe in speaking for all/most members here in saying we sure as hell don’t care if a good story is contained...no matter by whom...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest takingdeepanal
10 minutes ago, BestCatcher said:

Moderators are an integral part of this site: they keep things within the rules, which often means within legal and ethical bounds. So they shouldn’t care in the least that a story be continued by another poster when the story is abandoned by the original poster. I think I’m safe in speaking for all/most members here in saying we sure as hell don’t care if a good story is contained...no matter by whom...

If that is so, then why haven't any of them been continued?

I believe there is a post outlining this however if I recall the procedure is to either:

• if thefollowers still an active member and they 'pass the touch to you' ie. they provide you with a formal permission to continue the store then the moderator's will allow it usually it would be followto with a public declaration of your having been provided with permission to carry on with the story.
  • in the event that the original author is no longer active then rather than continuing the story in the original post you create a entirely new post so that the post is now under your byline and explain in the introduction that you were inspired by such and such provide a [link to the original story] and who the original author and thank them for their contribution and in the first few paragraphs seguey into your original content and blend them together ... how you achieve this is up to you.
  • Upvote 2

• Moderators
23 hours ago, twstdpigboy said:

I believe there is a post outlining this however if I recall the procedure is to either:

• if thefollowers still an active member and they 'pass the touch to you' ie. they provide you with a formal permission to continue the store then the moderator's will allow it usually it would be followto with a public declaration of your having been provided with permission to carry on with the story.
  • in the event that the original author is no longer active then rather than continuing the story in the original post you create a entirely new post so that the post is now under your byline and explain in the introduction that you were inspired by such and such provide a [link to the original story] and who the original author and thank them for their contribution and in the first few paragraphs seguey into your original content and blend them together ... how you achieve this is up to you.

Thanks, you beat me to it. If you don’t know how to make links work, I will be glad to do that for you.