The moment you knew you were a barebacker

kinkysuBB

As I turned 20 when I still thought I was straight, I lost my best friend and life-long friend in the first wave of AIDS. I became an AIDS activist and a condom advocate. I did panels and speeches all over. But I knew even then that men were not going to wrap their dicks every time forever. 

I stopped using condoms about three years later when my first partner and I got tested together and pledged monogamy. He lied, of course, as all men do. He came home crying one day after testing positive. Fortunately, I was still negative. I became a lot more careful, more distrusting, more cynical.  And single. I can’t abide liars.

But Truvada and prep was a game-changer. Once it’s efficacy was verified, I tossed condoms forever and won’t go back.  I love the sensation of skin on skin. I love the explosion of cum in my ass and the ultimate bonding of two men, even if only temporarily, that barebacking represents.

• Upvote 1