Are any of you active Wikipedia editors?

rawTOP

• Administrators

I've been thinking this morning that we should beef up the bareback-related articles on Wikipedia. For example, the general article on barebacking has a note that it needs a clean up and the bug chasing article could use a section talking about online communities of bug chasers and generally it's a disputed article that needs general work.

Thing is, it takes someone with a history on Wikipedia to make meaningful changes. There's also a "proper" way to make edits and join the discussion - you don't just jump in and start making changes. The irony is that Wikipedia doesn't trust things that are stated on the Internet (i.e. on forums like this one), but if a researcher talks to the same people and puts it in a journal article, then it's trusted...

So I was wondering if anyone here had an established history as a Wikipedia editor? If you're a trusted Wikipedia editor please respond here or send me a PM.

I'm a prolific editor on Wikipedia. I've written dozens of articles and edited hundreds more, but I can tell you that the open-source nature of the site prevents things like bugchasing from ever being accepted as mainstream. Most people still see it as a perversion and will immediately edit it to appear that way. The only scientific research being conducted on bugchasing is from a negative, paraphiliac perspective. All they want to study is why we're as depraved as they think we are. Wikipedia is right to place emphasis on scientific, peer-reviewed research. It's the most factual. Unfortunately for us, the research currently being done will do nothing but add facts to the stigma that is bugchasing.