Southern Decadence 2021 Newbie needs Advice

kinkatx

This is been covered a bit in the past but I'm curious if anyone has post Covid advice on where to stay in the French Quarter. I'm driving from Texas so I can bring my sling and looking for a good space near the activities that will also accommodate a LOT of visitors in and out of my room and hole!  Are there specifically gay owned hotels or AirBNBs/VRBOs that are very open to the sorts of activities that happen during SD or is it the typical hotel guests only after 10PM or Midnight kinda thing for "security"?

I was thinking the Best Western just because its cheap and coordinating with a friend who's also going. Looks like the host hotel (Bourbon Orleans Hotel) only has 1 room left and it's also $1750 for 4 nights which is more than I'd like to spend. 

Second. While I've been bred by thousands of men, I've never really done this for multiple days in a row. Any advise on balancing out things? I was thinking just eat a large (Like 2000 calorie) breakfast each morning or better yet just before bed, load up on fiber, go do touristy things and top/oral play during the day and then in the afternoon head back to the hotel, shower, clean up/out, pop some Imodium and go hit the parties for the night, back in my hotel sling late and get as many loads as I can and  repeat each day? 

I can definitely fast all day, but I don't think I can do multiple days back to back.

Any tips are really appreciated! This will be my first ever event of this type and I'm super excited! 

Edited by kinkatx
typeo/additional info

The thing about New Orleans and food is that everything is so good that you can't resist...

It's been a while since I've done Decadence, but I don't think it's what it used to be.  I've heard that the darkrooms at Rawhide and Phoenix are no longer there, and the Club New Orleans bathhouse has been closed for a few years.  

If your wanting guys to come to your room, check that the hotel doesn't require key cards to operate the lifts/elevators.  Most of the bigger downtown hotels do this, so you'll get a nasty surprise when your visitors arrive, only to find out they can't get to you.  

@LetsPOZBreed I'll have no issue avoiding the food. My hole is far more hungry for stranger's loads than I ever will be for food. I know there was a recently crack down on the bars but I suspect they're going to have a hard time enforcing anything during SD and may not be doing active enforcement at all since it's going to be so busy and weather they like it or not we bring a lot of money in! 

I plan on staying in the French Quarter, not the big hotels downtown. Really need specific recommendations beyond that. 

I had some friends that went to SD the year before the pandemic and there was definitely sex in the bars, piss pigs in bathroom stalls, etc so I don't think it's changed drastically. Worst case I'm sure I'll find some good parties but trying to make the most of it. 

1 hour ago, kinkatx said:

@LetsPOZBreed I'll have no issue avoiding the food. My hole is far more hungry for stranger's loads than I ever will be for food. I know there was a recently crack down on the bars but I suspect they're going to have a hard time enforcing anything during SD and may not be doing active enforcement at all since it's going to be so busy and weather they like it or not we bring a lot of money in! 

I plan on staying in the French Quarter, not the big hotels downtown. Really need specific recommendations beyond that. 

I had some friends that went to SD the year before the pandemic and there was definitely sex in the bars, piss pigs in bathroom stalls, etc so I don't think it's changed drastically. Worst case I'm sure I'll find some good parties but trying to make the most of it. 

Most hotels, big or small, whether in the FQ or CBD, will be screening visitors if there is a front desk. You don't get in without either a room key of your own, or with someone who has one (and the hotel may or may limit the number of people who can enter at one time with a registered guest). So don't plan on having guys come in unaccompanied - and that's not just a "after 10 PM" thing, it's all day, every day. They aren't particularly interested in policing who you have sex with, or how many guys, but they do NOT want unaccompanied people wandering the halls, looking for open rooms, etc. Property crime is an issue there and nobody wants to add to that.

The situation is not likely to be much better at a lot of the short-term rentals. You might luck out and find one that has a private street entrance that the owner isn't monitoring, but no guarantees on that. You'll probably have to pick up guys the old fashioned way, in person.

For what it's worth, there is no "host hotel" for Decadence. The Bourbon Orleans frequently gets flagged as such, probably because it pays for some sort of sponsorship for something connected to Southern Decadence, but SD itself is a big street and bar party. There's no ticket to attend (individual bars will have cover charges, and some offer multi-day passes, but that's ordinarily only for the bars with dance floors). For the most part, people are out on the street enjoying themselves (not having sex in the streets, but open containers are allowed in the FQ), or in the bars - they're not likely to be glued to the apps looking for cumdumps in a hotel that they probably won't be able to get into anyway. It's just not that kind of event.

As for eating and playing tourist and such: good luck, but I think your 2,000 calorie meal idea is unlikely to do you much good. Once the food has passed deep into your guts, you're going to get hungry again.

Finally: I'll note that there ARE some parties - circuit type things - but the vast majority of Decadence attendees don't go. It's a street event, and most people are going to be out in the streets in the areas between the bars (or in the bars along those strips). 

• Upvote 1

I'll add: another reason for the ban on unaccompanied guests is there's a huge problem in the French Quarter with drunks urinating wherever the mood strikes. Despite the fact that the lower half of the Quarter (where most of the gay bars in the neighborhood are) is a largely residential area, people will just piss on people's doorsteps, windows, sidewalks, and wherever, because the place is full of 30 and 40 year old boys who can't manage their drinking and think they can just 'let loose' somewhere, figuring someone else will clean it up. Hotels don't want that shit wandering their hallways, for good reason. 

Your dietary/cleanout plan for four straight days/nights may not be as simple to execute as you’re thinking. First, regardless of how many calories you stuff down at one sitting, that meal is going to pass through your system at the same rate, meaning it will have made the trip from your mouth to the start of your colon within 6-8 hours. So if you eat your big meal at 8am, your stomach is empty and what’s left over is in your bowel by 4pm. From there, left to its own, it would take 36-48 hours to reach the exit - which means that up to five more several meals’ worth of waste are in transit at different stages of the colon at a given time. You’re going to need to do deep-cleaning each time to keep up with the fact that your gut may not agree to perform to your schedule, especially if you throw it out of rhythm by radically fasting.

Plus, skewing your intake the way you’re describing is going to mess with your glucose level, and you’ll probably find yourself running down right about the time you want to be revving up.

It’s better to eat light but nutritious and high-fiber to maintain energy and promote ease of cleanout, and stay very well hydrated (not alcohol ‘hydrated’).

Immodium is not your friend. It prevents peristalsis, and makes cleanout more difficult. You don’t want to lock the stuff in, you want to facilitate its exit. Psilium husk (Metamucil) taken regularly will simplify cleanout and make the Immodium unnecessary.

It sounds like you guys are not familiar with intermittent fasting (IF). I already do IF pretty often. If I eat a big dinner with a full dose of fiber supplement my digestive system is completely empty first thing in the morning.  Quick rinse, pop an Imodium just in case something didn't make it through and I'm good for at least 8 hours; made it from 8AM to midnight during Otterfest. I have never had a meal stay in my system for more than 24 hours. Getting all your calorie intake for the day in one meal is not radical fasting, it's a very common diet called OMAD that people do for months or years for health, fitness or weight loss reasons. 

I have TONS more energy when I do a full day fast than if I eat 3 meals. I don't drink alcohol or sugary drinks. Some sugar free caffeinated beverages and Gatorade zero will get me through the day just fine. As long as I don't over do it on carbs my body will probably be in ketosis by the time the sun goes down so glucose energy is irrelevant. 

I know my body pretty well,, experienced bicep-deep fistee here.  I've got 6 full weeks before SD so I'm gonna practice with diet. 

I booked the Best Western on Rampart from some recommendations on my Twitter. Maybe I'll encounter some of those boys pissing on the street and give them something they can piss in ;)

• Like 2