Likely Gonnorrhea Infection

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck

Definitely go see your doctor, the only STD I ever had was a case of gonorrhoea which showed up on my regular check up, I was totally asymptomatic. From memory it was a jab and 4 tablets to clear it up for me. I then unfortunately had to contact everyone I had sex with between check ups to tell them to get tested. Your symptoms do sound like classic gonorrhoea so see a doctor and they will soon clear it up.

48 minutes ago, WelshBBCigarFuck said:

Definitely go see your doctor, the only STD I ever had was a case of gonorrhoea which showed up on my regular check up, I was totally asymptomatic. From memory it was a jab and 4 tablets to clear it up for me. I then unfortunately had to contact everyone I had sex with between check ups to tell them to get tested. Your symptoms do sound like classic gonorrhoea so see a doctor and they will soon clear it up.

What test did you have that detected it? Urine or swab?

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck
12 minutes ago, Safer said:

What test did you have that detected it? Urine or swab?

I had the full quarterly sexual checkup so did a urine sample, rectal and penis swabs and blood tests so couldn’t tell you which detected it sorry.

To further address BareLover's question about getting a prescription for a condition/disease before confirming the diagnosis: in cases where lab backups are common, it's not unusual to go with the doctor's best instinct (to get treatment underway quickly), especially if we're talking about basic antibiotics.

For instance, thanks to some internal plumbing that's not quite standard, I have a tendency towards UTIs, about once a year or so. I know my body well enough to know the symptoms and when I can tell I've got one, I usually visit urgent care if it's after hours, and they take a urine specimen. From that, they can tell I have an infection, but not what species of bacteria; that requires a culture, and it can be 3-4 days after giving that sample before they have the culture results back. From experience I know that my infections are usually treatable with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (the generic name for Bactrim DS), and the urgent care has notes in my file that's what usually works best. On occasion, however, the culture has come back with a different bacterium and instead, ciprofloxacin is indicated; usually I already know that because the Bactrim isn't working  and it's been a few days.

When the problem comes up during day hours, my HIV doctor will phone in orders for a urine test to the local lab while also calling in the Bactrim prescription, and we proceed the same way once the lab results come back.

The alternative is letting an infection go unchecked at all until the complete lab results are available - and that's usually not a good idea.