Unable to log in on PC but can login on mobile

Hi there.  Been encountering this issue for a while now.  I am unable to log in on my PC to Breeding Zone.  I am however ABLE to log in on my mobile device.  I type my correct username and password in the login page for a moment, the page flashes (essentially) like its loading, and then I'm back to a blank login page.  I receive no messages regarding invalid username, password, or anything else. 

I have tried logging in on all three browsers:

-Edge

-Chrome

-Firefox

I have tried logging in on those browser in private modes, essentially to ensure that no browser addons are conflicting with the site in any manner. 

I have signed out and back in on my mobile device with no issues, and also confirms that I know my user/pass (I was getting a bit concerned there myself)

I have also signed in using wifi on the same network my PC is on, so I do not believe there is anything about my network going on here.

I have checked and unchecked the remember me box on the login page

I have hit accept on the cookies information box that pops up. 

I feel like I've done all the tests I can think of to at least head this off.  Nonetheless if anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.  I much prefer to use my PC for access than my mobile device.  

Thanks in advance for the help!

It's possible that tracking protection software (such as a DNS-based ad-blocker) is operating systemwide.

It's also possible that browser-based tracking protection (which is a feature of each of the Web browsers you mention and, in the latest versions of some of them, isn't automatically disabled in private browsing mode, though it can be disabled completely in the browser's settings) is interfering.

Firefox and Chrome both have developer modes that would let you see exactly what requests are being sent, to what destinations, and whether responses are being received. The browsers' developer modes are not for the faint of heart: the text and controls are tiny, the screens are cluttered, and there's very little explanatory documentation. Still, if it's worth it to you to be able to access Breeding Zone from your PC, braving the developer mode of one your browsers might be worth the effort.

Please share any discoveries, for the benefit of other users!

I've noticed that I sometimes can't follow users or edit posts when I'm accessing Breeding Zone through my VPN, using my DNS-based ad blocker, or leaving the tracking protections in Apple's Safari Web browser turned on. The problem is intermittent and I sometimes have to switch off multiple levels of protection. This is to say that there must be JavaScript code, tracking pixels, font download tracking, or other mechanisms at work on Breeding Zone, and that some of the mechanisms might be stateful, too. (I don't mean to single out Breeding Zone, as the vast majority of Web sites now use one or more of these mechanisms.)

So I gave that a whirl. I'm going to try to do more but I'm showing it giving two errors right underneath where it's trying to call up the recaptcha token. Those errors are no token was passed and no IDs passed.  

I have very little understanding of this type of stuff but I figure I'll post what I find as I go along in case it gives someone a better idea on how to guide me here 

Thanks so much for your help and suggestion however

Please feel free to post a screenshot!

Again from experience — in this case with many different Web sites, not specifically with Breeding Zone — DNS-based ad blockers (system-wide or network-wide) and in-browser tracking protections interfere with "recaptcha" ("Are you a human?") checks, completely breaking login forms, payment forms, etc.

Well I'm not really going to be great at dev mode. But you're suggestion got me thinking. I still can't find a way to log in on PC but like I said I have no issues logging in on mobile, which is Android.  So, I figured the best way for me to use the site with a mouse and keyboard and give me the freedom to type longer responses was to emulate that and experience... On my PC. So I loaded up a VMware virtual machine with Android, which took a bit of tweaking and now I have a vm just to access breeding zone but it's on my PC.  Workaround achieved. 👍

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.