Finding a Hot Roommate-Tips?

BlackDude

So my old roommate/friend moved out. He was an older gay gentleman, but a Peter Pan type and let’s just say miserable people always blame you for their misery, even if they were miserable before.

I digress, but taking from that experience, I would like next roommate to be someone attractive and vibrant. I can afford my place without a roomate, but the extra money would be good obviously. However, I’m willing to live by myself unless the right guy comes along. Not a houseboy per say (since I’ll be charging) but someone who doesn’t mind walking around in a towel or their underwear and looking good doing it. I usually charge below market, but definitely not looking for a drifter, someone irresponsible or another Peter Pan.

Any tips? Or am I just hoping for a fantasy?

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 2:09 AM, BlackDude said:

So my old roommate/friend moved out. He was an older gay gentleman, but a Peter Pan type and let’s just say miserable people always blame you for their misery, even if they were miserable before.

I digress, but taking from that experience, I would like next roommate to be someone attractive and vibrant. I can afford my place without a roomate, but the extra money would be good obviously. However, I’m willing to live by myself unless the right guy comes along. Not a houseboy per say (since I’ll be charging) but someone who doesn’t mind walking around in a towel or their underwear and looking good doing it. I usually charge below market, but definitely not looking for a drifter, someone irresponsible or another Peter Pan.

Any tips? Or am I just hoping for a fantasy?

Oh boy. This is a can of worms if ever I saw one.

Let me preface by saying I understand the issue with the previous roommate - when you live with someone who's negative all the time, especially if they hold you accountable for it, there's just no way to even relax at home.

That said: unless you're an Oscar-worthy actor, this potential roommate is likely to figure out you're ogling him, sooner or later, and that could go bad really, really fast. There are guys (both gay and straight) who don't mind being ogled as eye candy, but even so, they might well get tired of it from a roommate, particularly one who controls the lease. There's a whiff of exploitation there - the same kind of thinking that led, say, Donald Trump to hire an endless stream of bleached blond big-boobed women to work in public-facing roles. If he notices you're "looking" at him, it won't take much for him to wonder if you're, say, listening to him when he's got someone staying over for sex, or whatever.

I'm not saying you shouldn't look for the kind of roommate you want - just be aware it's not so much "hoping for a fantasy" as it is "planning to live life balanced on a tightrope".

• Upvote 1