Plants that smell like cum

Spunkinmyarse

Here’s one for the fellow gardeners amongst you.

Right now in England, common ivy (Hedera helix) is coming into flower.  It’s a great late-season source of nectar for all kinds of pollinating insects.  It also smells remarkably like cum- so much so that walking past some just stopped me in my tracks and made me think “What the hell is that?”

In the spring, I’ve noticed several varieties of Berberis smell the same.  It amazes me that there are flowers that smell so similar to cum.

Has anyone else noticed this, or the same phenomenon in any other plant species?

• Like 1

Funny you mention this--there's an area of Epcot at Disney World (near The Land pavilion) that when walking by always smells like cum! It seems to be the plants that are in the area. It's funny to hear others walk by and mentioning the smell, although not identifying it--just saying that it smells "kind of familiar" 🙂

That fucking weed tree Bradford Pears. They are beautiful in the spring, but their white flowers smell so strongly of cum. Not fresh cum mind you, but that tangy smell of multiple loads that gush out of my hole when the last cock of the night goes in. Every spring it smells like the local sperm bank blew up. 

I'm not an expert on it but the scent a plant gives off depends on the type of pollinator it attracts to distribute its pollen, or visa versa. Some plants smell sweet, some musky, and a few smell like garbage. Some of the musky ones are pretty close to smelling like cum. The Bradford Pear is one that many people have a love/hate relationship with because it's pretty but smells and can be invasive. The Chestnut and (I think) Larch smell sort of cummy. There's a boxwood used for hedging that some people think smells like cum, but I think it smells more like young-teen-using-too-much-body-spray. Mushrooms and toadstools can be very musky. The only houseplant that I can think of that tends toward musk is the snake plant. They don't flower often inside, however the ones I have outside send up stalks of little white flowers that are mildly musky. I'm sure there are more.

It would be fun to create a garden filled with erotic statues and plants that smell like semen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 11:36 AM, btmtalent said:

Funny you mention this--there's an area of Epcot at Disney World (near The Land pavilion) that when walking by always smells like cum! It seems to be the plants that are in the area. It's funny to hear others walk by and mentioning the smell, although not identifying it--just saying that it smells "kind of familiar" 🙂

I think the area in Epcot you’re talking about is the “Japan” area where they have cherry blossom trees. When those bloom around here, walking down the street smells like I just got bukkake’d.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 5:08 PM, funpozbottom said:

and a few smell like garbage.

Gingko (Gingko biloba, aka Maidenhair Tree) are notorious for this. Gingko are gendered, so the female trees are the culprits. There’s a spot on the campus of Western Kentucky University where the trees are beautiful but the odor will knock you down.