Knowing my Odds of Passing It On

Good topic. I am on the friendlier side of Amicable with my wife, after a 3 year separation, and we are starting to reconcile, and get back together again. I am not as active, as I used to be, with regards to taking raw loads from other men. yet I can see meeting up with men, at nude beaches, or going to a bath house, occasionally , possibly every 4 to 6 months. I have an organic view-point about guys wearing condoms; I don't freak if a guy uses a condom, and I don't freak if a guy doesn't wear a condom. 

What are my odds of getting HIV, or some other STD, (based on the information above), and potentially giving it to my wife? 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, 90PercentStr8 said:

I can see meeting up with men, at nude beaches, or going to a bath house, occasionally , possibly every 4 to 6 months.

What are my odds of getting HIV, or some other STD, (based on the information above), and potentially giving it to my wife? 

HIV probably not all that high at that frequency (though if you go to a bath house or other group scene they increase a lot). Of course, you can bring HIV to nearly zero by taking PrEP, and I recommend that if it's available to you.

Other STIs, fairly significant in my opinion (and my experience) at the every few months frequency. And they can be hard to spot, especially syphilis. Generally treatable (as long as you are vigilant and don't let them fester). In your shoes, I'd be up-front with the wife that it's a risk, and adjust venues and testing to keep it at a comfortable level. Just my opinion, there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i know a very active poz guy that is breeding neg guys often.  After 5 weeks after taking a poz load the guys begin to feel the process of getting infected.  It starts with the immune system be trashed and they are tired all the time.   What have other guys felt they they went thru the conversion of HIV?