Dating and fucking over 40

Hey guys, getting out of a long term relationship with a fem, and I’m ready to embrace my true self. I want to get into dating and fucking, but I’m pretty inexperienced. I’ve gone to the baths a bunch of times over the years, but haven’t dated many men. I don’t want to be awkward on dates or bad in bed.

Any advice for an older newbie? 

First piece of advice: be upfront and honest with people about what you're looking for. As you note, fucking and dating can be entirely different spheres, and what you can get away with for a casual hookup/fuck, in terms of opening up, will be different from what you can do with someone you're hoping for something "more" with - whether it's just a series of dates, or a relationship of any sort.

Someone who knows you're new to same-sex dating should be more accepting of  your inexperience (and anyone who's not accepting is probably not a good dating candidate). But they have to KNOW you're new to it, or else they may just think your "flubs" are deliberate.