Numbers Can Improve!

HungLatinDom

Hey there.

I have been poz for 2.5 years. I try to get my numbers every now and then, but, die to the lifestyle I have, it's hard for me to get them as often as I'd like. The last time I got my numbers checked, around a year ago, my VL was 10K and my CD4 cells were 585. I was expecting my current numbers to be worse, starting therapy was almost certain.

And today I got my numbers back. Surprise, surprise, my CD4 cells are now 830 something and my viral load is 6K. I did not know such increases were possible, I thought that once you got recovered from acute illness, all you had is a fast or slow decay, but decay always in your CD4 and increase in your VL. I am very lucky and today I was very happy for it. I do not have any interest in having a high VL or low CD4s.

Well, I just wanted to share this with you and to know if any of you has experimented something like this.

My experience was similar to your's, HungLatinDom. The two numbers kept moving around in opposite directions for almost 10 years. HIV and one's body sometimes stage an elaborate dance. In my case, the doctors decided to put me on meds not because of my T-cell count, but because of ancillary health issues. Everyone is different.