Tried to explain how prep works

Bwccummer

Tried to explain how prep works to one on app. I get one may just want to use condoms and no interest in. However, I would hope one at least know what prep is and does at basic level.

In trying to explain prep to one that thought I had aids/hiv. It is one thing to ask about status and another to imply think have. Prep is to prevent one from getting. I suggested to do a web search so can learn what talking about, they weren't interested. 

I ended up blocking individual for if not want to learn what prep is that on many individuals profiles that show not want to visit them for be uninformed. I get maybe just want condoms used, at least be aware of prep and can still use condoms. Hopefully just one individual misunderstood prep and not run into others thinking if one on prep means have hiv/aids. Prep is to prevent transmission and get, or give.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bwccummer said:

I suggested to do a web search so can learn what talking about, they weren't interested. 

Yeah, LOL  like "just fucking Google it". Some people are so stupid and don't want to learn or understand just like that guy was being a dumb ass. Surely he'd seen gay websites listing "Negative on PReP" as a status... 

You are better off without meeting up with him if he's that goofy.

• Like 1

@Bwccummer, I really appreciate what you wrote, which is entirely correct and often forgotten by the die-hard, condoms-only crowd: nothing precludes use of PrEP + condoms.

We know from lots of research on condoms for birth control that no matter what people's intentions, there is a gap between perfect use and actual use. People might not have condoms with them, they might get caught up in the moment and decide not to use them, or a condom might break (unlikely but possible). For those real possibilities, PrEP would provide an extra margin of safety. It's not a bad thing!

It is also worth mentioning strict prescribing guidelines for PrEP, at least in the US. To renew their prescriptions, at-risk PrEP patients (including, by definition, men who have sex with men) are required to have HIV and STI tests at least every 3 months.

People who don't use PrEP have no obligation to get regular HIV and STI testing. They may go only sporadically, and to random clinics not affiliated with their regular medical providers (if they even have regular medical providers, as PrEP patients must). The chances that they will see their test results, see them quickly, and return for treatment, are lower. And whatever the condoms-only crowd says, condoms are hardly ever used for blowjobs. Anal sex isn't the only mode of STI transmission!

• Upvote 1