Reactions UI bug?

blackrobe

Hello, @BBTV6!

It sounds as if you have tried many alternatives to get the chat feature working. Have you tried a different path to the Internet (for example, public WiFi at a café, or cellular data on your  phone, with WiFi disabled temporarily)? Depending what the JavaScript code for the chat feature actually does, there is a chance that some kind of port blocking, DNS interception, DNS-based censorship, or packet filtering at the level of your regular router or your regular ISP is breaking something. It's a remote possibility.

I wish I had specific advice to offer, but I have never tried BZ's chat feature. Can someone else help?

Thank you for posting the exact error message and what you tried. Very often, people just say that something "didn't work", which makes it hard to understand what happened and to offer useful help.

Good luck!

6 minutes ago, fskn said:

Hello, @BBTV6!

It sounds as if you have tried many alternatives to get the chat feature working. Have you tried a different path to the Internet (for example, public WiFi at a café, or cellular data on your  phone, with WiFi disabled temporarily)? Depending what the JavaScript code for the chat feature actually does, there is a chance that some kind of port blocking, DNS interception, DNS-based censorship, or packet filtering at the level of your regular router or your regular ISP is breaking something. It's a remote possibility.

I wish I had specific advice to offer, but I have never tried BZ's chat feature. Can someone else help?

Thank you for posting the exact error message and what you tried. Very often, people just say that something "didn't work", which makes it hard to understand what happened and to offer useful help.

Good luck!

Thanks for the rapid response and suggestions, will see if they help. Incidentally, the website of a local public transport company worked fine for years, then I suddenly couldn‘t access it any more, while other people had no problem. It turned out that the website didn‘t like my IP address, as it worked OK again when I used an IP address in Texas via a VPN service. It seemed ridiculous to look up a local public transport connection in Germany by using a US IP address, but it works: my standard IP address still doesn‘t get access to that website. So maybe I should try logging on to Breeding Zone with an IP address in another country?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BBTV6 said:

So maybe I should try logging on to Breeding Zone with an IP address in another country?

Ah yes, the joys of content delivery networks! To protect Web sites from rogue traffic, CDNs maintain automatically-managed lists of trusted and untrusted IP address ranges. Unfortunately, IP address ranges controlled by legitimate Internet service providers sometimes end up on the lists, which is frustrating.

13 minutes ago, BBTV6 said:

Thanks for the rapid response and suggestions, will see if they help.

The pleasure is all mine! It's nice to meet another friendly and constructive person here. Not to mention that you are sexy and are in Germany! Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag. 🙂

If you find a work-around for BZ chat, please post so that others can try it, too.

Edited by fskn
Brevity

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.